• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Video Tutorial] Setup TFS + ZnoteAAC on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS Linux Server

Damon

Check my status to contact me :)
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello,
Some time ago I already announced I was gonna make a Linux tutorial series.
This is my first tutorial and although it does not explain the basics of Linux it walks you through the process of setting up a TFS on Ubuntu 16.04 along with phpmyadmin, ZnoteAAC and also some security measures.
I think even without linux knowledge this tutorial is very easy to follow. Any questions, post here or message me^^

Feedback appreciated :)

I had to split video in 3 parts:

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

IMPORTANT:

At around 7:40 I encounter an error when executing ZnoteAAC SQL in phpmyadmin. I later also see an error at 10:30 with the news table of Znote. This was caused due to the previous error. This error was fixed just now according to @Znote who pushed a fix just now:
https://github.com/Znote/ZnoteAAC/commit/8cf999396b43d46e661cd352afc6e15845302c95

This means you shouldn't be running in this error anymore :)

Kind regards,
Damon​

Last edited:
oohhh-dat-voice.jpg

Great work!
Currently checking the first video, so far so good! :)
At video 3 at around 7:40 I encountered a mysql error during znote installation. Znote seems to work fine however there was an error I did not know how to fix haha :D
Maybe you know^^

At video 3 at around 7:40 I encountered a mysql error during znote installation. Znote seems to work fine however there was an error I did not know how to fix haha :D
Maybe you know^^
Actually you're missing alot of tables since you only got znote and znote_accounts in the database, the error stops the adding process.

Another user got the same error and Znote posted a solution:
https://otland.net/threads/mysql-on-znote-website.238528/#post-2306770

I'm not sure why you get the error because I can simply install ZnoteAAC directly form Github :p

Actually you're missing alot of tables since you only got znote and znote_accounts in the database, the error stops the adding process.

Another user got the same error and Znote posted a solution:
https://otland.net/threads/mysql-on-znote-website.238528/#post-2306770

I'm not sure why you get the error because I can simply install ZnoteAAC directly form Github :p
I also cloned it directly from git^^ anyway I might upload a fix later. But for anyone looking thanks for the link :)

FYI, CTRL is a short word for Control, so it may be easier to say the word instead of CTRL. xD

Last edited:
indeed very nice tutorials but i did not get how to restart the server D: ? if anyone could help..

Nice one.
I'd prefer a text tutorial as I'm used to configure but always forgot some things so it would usefull for consultation purpose
however as previous tutorials are outdated I really appreciate this

Going there after 8 failed attempts to set up a linux VM for scripting purposes based on other tutorials feels like taking a walk of shame.
I prefer normal tutorials over video ones. This one is nice, though, except for the voice, I can't fucking focus when you talk xD

Going there after 8 failed attempts to set up a linux VM for scripting purposes based on other tutorials feels like taking a walk of shame.
I prefer normal tutorials over video ones. This one is nice, though, except for the voice, I can't fucking focus when you talk xD
Haha, you are rude!
jk

I prefer written tutorials aswell.

Back