• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Video Tutorial] Setup TFS + ZnoteAAC on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS Linux Server

I've did, you cant see it in the history command of course because I did it on the first user, when i switch user you only see those commands in history
Will look into this once I have some time very busy these days ;)

A massive problem I've ran in to, and I think it's because Znote's mysql commands are out of date, is when I get the schema (after getting the stock database connection failure) there are outdated commands. The main one being "DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8". I found and deleted all instances of "DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8" and "DEFAULT CHARSET=latin" from the schema that Znote's install process provides.

Please let me know if this is in any way confusing.

/helium101

Last edited:
A massive problem I've ran in to, and I think it's because Znote's mysql commands are out of date, is when I get the schema (after getting the stock database connection failure) there are outdated commands. The main one being "DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8". I found and deleted all instances of "DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8" and "DEFAULT CHARSET=latin" from the schema that Znote's install process provides.

I'm running it on Linux 14.04, though I don't think that's the cause of the problem.

/helium101

Haha gotta say it is :D But probably because Im not very familar with sql. Let's Tag @Znote

/helium101
What is the problem actually?

What is the problem actually?
The problem was when inserting the schema.sql, upon initial set up of Znote, into phpmyadmin there was outdated code in the schema. I deleted all lines associated with "DEFAULT CHARSET=[variable]" and the code worked. Which leads me to believe that it's an outdated string. I could be wrong, as I am inexperienced with using sql. :)

Hope this helps.
/helium101

Does it work on Windows VPS?
This is a tutorial for linux servers so no unless you use virtualbox with linux os on your windows vps which would miss the whole point of running on windows.

This is a tutorial for linux servers so no unless you use virtualbox with linux os on your windows vps which would miss the whole point of running on windows.
If i install Linux instead of Windows, this tutorial would lead me to final working OT with website? :)

I have been trying the video 1 and 2 tonight. It is working perfect. Very good job. Gonna make the last video today.

I have a question: when I open the server it's working, I have connected to the VPS I have bought but when I close that program, the server closes so is there any form to keep the server online 24/7 without my computer being online 24/7? I don't know if I'm explaining my doubt correctly, sorry for my low level expression in english.

Thanks you in anyways.

Hey @Damon everything is working perfect. The only thing is me and other people cannot create accounts. Phpmyadmin has 1account and I can log in in that account but I can't create anyone more and my friends can't too. What can I do?

@Damon
When compiling the new TFS 1.2 sources, do not you need to add the parameters anymore?
Ex.:./configure --enable-mysql

Is it like I do to know if in sources have warsystem, cast and other systems?

my : sudo nano /etc/apache2/conf-enabled/phpmyadmin.conf
is empty. What i doing wrong? :)

i create account in ZnoteAAc but i can't login

in register account website have this

Register Account
string(164) "INSERT INTO `accounts` (`name`, `password`, `email`, `creation`) VALUES ('ditcumay', 'c2892cff765f3e9cb37c397938260acf1dc77344', '[email protected]', '1511898161')"
(query - SQL error)
Type: voidQuery (voidQuery is used for update, insert or delete from database)

Field 'vote' doesn't have a default value

perfect tutorial! everything is working fine! no bugs, no errors! REP++++ :)
Was acctually wondering if it still works but glad to hear it still does :) If nothing else you will gather some additional "knowledge" about what you are doing when watching this^^

Back