• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Vingart ShowOFF

Cool, but you should work on that sand

Yes it is still incomplete, I am also working on another sprite at the moment xD
VFaArkm.png

gedo mazo

The character turned out really cool man! Congratz! :D
i would add a few more lighter pixels tho to increase the 3D effect, but is pretty good as it is :p

You have some very good awareness of volume!

Don't you think it's time to change your texturing patterns?
It looks the same since you started

Last edited:
Hm, I do not know I'm already used to doing it like this, what could I change?

Vingart said:
Hm, I do not know I'm already used to doing it like this, what could I change?

In most of your character/creature and sometimes environment your colors have low contrast and you apply something very near to "dithering"

Low contrast colors make you need more effort to fill the sprite with texture, at most.
I think you need at least a very dark color to use for AA and inside outline, and 1 lighter color.

Dithering is a technique with purpose of soften in the lack of colors.
However is very outdated and useless today:
  1. Because the current monitors leave the pixels clearer, while the CRT monitors allowed that to be more 'blurred" in the old times, so mixing 2 colors would feel like a 3 pseudo-color.
  2. Because it applies some unwanted random noise/texture, while today you can soften anything using anti-alias and avoid that.
  3. Tibia as we know it today never had exactly a color limit. In 7.x most of the artists like Izuael, Lord Ariakas, Mantus were Digital Artists and not Pixel artists.
  4. Dithering works better in bigger surfaces, like images.
  5. Most people do dithering very bad.

Last edited:
I understand, thank you for the tip, I actually switched monitor recently, I used a notebook to do pixel art, the screen was not clear, it was too messy, I'm using a sharp one now, I'll try to apply more contrast in the sprites, thank you!

qgfaHyf.png

Work on itachi jutsus

r0RJkgt.png
latest

Itachi finished, now working on the best character in naruto xD
2wf6PhH.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Bro this is awesome, the backlight in the water and the cloud environment it's beautiful, great mapping skills there.

At first I was like what the? The more I kept going through though the world you have sprited together has a real charm to it. I like this style of yours.

Back