• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Visa & MasterCard blocks payment.

I have a solution for you.
Buy a gift card :)

@Edit
But yeah, thats kinda stupid ._.
Why would they ban it? Cant people buy whatever they want to

yeah.
You dont have spendon giftcards? Its not possible to prevent those from buying vpns.

idk but how can they block all vpn services?
there's tons of em out there, same with sextoys sites.

Its impossible to block all vpns, theyre blocking the most known ones..
But what theyre not thinking of is that everyone can create a VPN from their computer

Still a Company like that should not be able to block things that is not illegal in any way..

VPN's isnt illegal. It helps you preventing attacks like DDoS/DoS... Its very useful.

It's obvious that the US government is pressuring them to block services for VPNs.
I wouldn't be surprised if they start using bitcoins.

Because American's are bullies that pressure their shit onto other countries.

The big question is why are US Gov able to do stuff like this?

The US government doesn't own Mastercard of Visa... I know people always want to point towards the US government.. but visa and mastercard are privately owned, so keep that in mind..

The US government doesn't own Mastercard of Visa... I know people always want to point towards the US government.. but visa and mastercard are privately owned, so keep that in mind..

So you actually think that Visa and Mastercard at the same time just had the same idea

"HMM Maybe we should block all payments to these companies" ??...

It'd be flat-out retarded for a company like Visa and Mastercard to make its customer not use their services for everything, it's basically YOUR fucking cash on a card.
It has to be obvious that some government is pressuring them. It doesn't even have to be owned by any US affiliate.

It'd be flat-out retarded for a company like Visa and Mastercard to make its customer not use their services for everything, it's basically YOUR fucking cash on a card.
It has to be obvious that some government is pressuring them. It doesn't even have to be owned by any US affiliate.

The profits and good PR (for their respective companies) that would come with banning these transactions far outweighs the money made off of transactions that would be made from keeping them.

This is an effort to stop filesharing/pirating, which would lead to a MASSIVE netgain, and security (future business) for these two credit card companies. Also the companies that have their properties pirated/shared/stolen lean massive pressure on to Visa, Mastercard, and all major banks/credit card companies to do what they can to end pirating.

This is just an obvious business plan, not a government plan, that the main focus is on making money. Anyone should be able to spot this from a mile away.

Privately owned companies are a much bigger threat than 'the government', as their resources, and ability to walk on the fine line of the law are massively superior.

- - - Updated - - -

So you actually think that Visa and Mastercard at the same time just had the same idea

"HMM Maybe we should block all payments to these companies" ??...

Probably not at the same time, but the idea to block pirating of property (movies, music, etc etc) has been around for.. well, longer than I have been alive, same as with you.

It just that this problem (for those that are losing out from it) has become much more mass, and popular as it was compared to 10 years ago.. or even in 1995 when I first started downloading movies and music and whatever from the net, for free.

Action has been being taken against piracy for years, and this isn't the first time a major credit service has denied transactions with certain companies.. and yes, businesses do work together to meet certain goals.. it is the business world after all... don't need Uncle Sam to tell them to do what they have been planning to do for 20 years prior..

Last edited:
The profits and good PR (for their respective companies) that would come with banning these transactions far outweighs the money made off of transactions that would be made from keeping them.

This is an effort to stop filesharing/pirating, which would lead to a MASSIVE netgain, and security (future business) for these two credit card companies. Also the companies that have their properties pirated/shared/stolen lean massive pressure on to Visa, Mastercard, and all major banks/credit card companies to do what they can to end pirating.

This is just an obvious business plan, not a government plan, that the main focus is on making money. Anyone should be able to spot this from a mile away.

Privately owned companies are a much bigger threat than 'the government', as their resources, and ability to walk on the fine line of the law are massively superior.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably not at the same time, but the idea to block pirating of property (movies, music, etc etc) has been around for.. well, longer than I have been alive, same as with you.

It just that this problem (for those that are losing out from it) has become much more mass, and popular as it was compared to 10 years ago.. or even in 1995 when I first started downloading movies and music and whatever from the net, for free.

Action has been being taken against piracy for years, and this isn't the first time a major credit service has denied transactions with certain companies.. and yes, businesses do work together to meet certain goals.. it is the business world after all... don't need Uncle Sam to tell them to do what they have been planning to do for 20 years prior..

I'm sorry, but I thought this was about blocking VPNs and Sextoys? How is this related to pirating?

I'm sorry, but I thought this was about blocking VPNs and Sextoys? How is this related to pirating?

VPNs enable safe pirating. If you were pirating without a VPN in the US, your internet provider (depends on which) will give you a strike.

VPNs enable safe pirating. If you were pirating without a VPN in the US, your internet provider (depends on which) will give you a strike.

VPNs isn't used for solely for pirating, besides I thought this article was about Visa & Mastercard Europe where CAS doesn't exist and where you don't need a VPN to safely pirate anyhow?

Back