• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Vista With Tibia

Raz0r

Reaction score
I need help i alwasy have huge lag spikes ne one know how to fix???

Close down all your programs that you don't need while playing, or buy more RAM.

Look what engine you have the least lag with (dx5/9, openGL)
my experience is that dx5 works best with slow computer (only tried on xp) but with worse graphics (not lag tho) and dx9 works best for good computers (only tried with vista) and gives better graphics (higher fps and smoother movement)

Other than this maybe try to set your keyboard settings in controll panel so the delay is as small as possible (keyboard has less lags just like mapwalking)

It might also just be your computer is not fast enough for vista and then its not much to do else than lowering graphic settings (for example choose win95 theme)

my experience is that dx5 works best with slow computer (only tried on xp) but with worse graphics (not lag tho) and dx9 works best for good computers (only tried with vista) and gives better graphics (higher fps and smoother movement)

Other than this maybe try to set your keyboard settings in controll panel so the delay is as small as possible (keyboard has less lags just like mapwalking)

It might also just be your computer is not fast enough for vista and then its not much to do else than lowering graphic settings (for example choose win95 theme)

Agree

Yeah this two options is really good.. i will use it.. really..

I looked his link and basically it tells you to use dx5 and thats the right one if your lag is because of you computer is not good enough

Altho if its the internet dx9 doesnt really help...

What are your computer specifications by the way? cpu, ram, graphic card, internet connection... Would be nice to know :) since your lags might aswell be because you changed server (Rl tibia or ot) and the new server is located far away..

Also you should use emptys advice about
closing down all program, especially file sharing programs like limewire and utorrent but also sometimes even msn/icq/skype.. Programs that you almost never use should definately be closed down unless you want to use them, like some printing program, or photo transfer program, or mp3 converter program... Those ones are just stupid to have on all the time.

To show all programs you have in tray right click between tray bar and start menu uncheck/choose so you see all programs visible and then right click them one by one and close down.. If you don't want them to start at all you either have to get a program that changes the registry (always works) or open the settings for the desired program, usually you can uncheck 'start on windows startup' ...

Lol ill go write a book now im bored xd

Back