• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Visual items.xml editor anyone?

E

Evil Puncker

Hello everyone, we all know that OpenTibia lack some tools since forever I guess, one of them is a item editor (not the items.otb editor), I'm really wanting to update official TFS items.xml with missing/wrong items, but it is really a pain in the ass to make everything in notepad++ or whatever editor, so my question is if someone is whiling to give (or create one) for the community an item editor that would allow us to edit/add new items to items.xml and also be able to see item sprites (animation even better but not necessary), and item attributes (loaded from both items.xm/otb), and edit/save all items.xml information, thanks in advance!

(I'm not asking it for myself, just trying to help the community and tfs development)
I don't know if anyone will ever read this tho :p I remember back in the years when tfs was still 0.3.x someone made me a tool that injected on tibia client and loaded items.xml, and when I looked an item ingame it would add it automatically to items.xlm and the ones who had different/wrong names would be fixed too, good times 🤩

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, today I went to this subject again with myself, did a google search and found a thread where I found out by @Peonso that otitemeditor (by sim0ne and @Mark ) used to support item edit and saving them as xml, according to this screenshot:

m0CrfOE.png

this is exactly the item editor that the community need (or me at the very least, I want to work on adding missing items and items from future updates...

but seems it was like that only at 0.2.2 version... the later version looks like this :( :
AsAyDht.png

does anyone happens to have the 0.2.2 source?

It is different because the first version confidently edits the otbi file and the xml file and the second version only the otbi file, the xml file has different attributes than the otbi file

Back