• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling Visual studio 2015 (community)

Codinablack

Dreamer
Content Editor
Solutions
Reaction score
Ok so I'm making this post from work otherwise I would have the error log and if I can't get any help by the time I get off I will be sure to post here with the errors. Anyways I tried compiling tfs 1.2 from the master branch on windows 64 bit with visual studio 2015 community but apparently there is a problem with the servers solution being made for older versions of visual studio, I do recall there being an issue with boost and yes I am certain I am using correct boost version. Anyways I was wondering if anyone has successfully compiled with vs 2015 and if so if they could help me to know what I must change to get it to compile successfully. Please and thank you, any help is much appreciated....

I think I got it all figured out, it was definitely those errors we were seeing as the problem, gotta manually edit some files for them to be able to accept our version of vs, then do the whole process over to make sure there aren't any problems, start everything clean again, and I am sure it will work, but im tired tonight, gonna play some league and go to bed then I'll post here if it works, and share a .7z of the libs for anyone who may need them if I do get it to work successfully...

@Ninja, tried all of that, and nothing is working for me... thanks for the help, i guess I'll have to wait for boost to be updated and then forgottenserver to be updated too...

@Ninja, tried all of that, and nothing is working for me... thanks for the help, i guess I'll have to wait for boost to be updated and then forgottenserver to be updated too...
http://sourceforge.net/projects/boost/files/boost-binaries/1.59.0/

works for VS14 ( visual studio 2015 )

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18256936/TFSvs14/tfs-sdk-2.14.7z (updated mpir lib cause it threw errors.) 32-bit untested.

Also a new sulution updated to VS14, with linker warning fix: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18256936/TFSvs14/vc14.7z

Last edited:
using a newer version of boost than master branch wouldn't cause any problems? I thought I had to use the same version of boost, didn't really know if I could update without needing to do some small source edits

hiho.. anyone solved the problem? i made all things but i get same as Razor

1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104 cannot open file 'libboost_system-vc140-mt-1_59.lib'

i did all things posted in here also this one cuz i get unknown compiler

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...-while-compiling-boost-with-msvc-14-0-vs-2015

and.. just one part of many warning that i get when ./b2 ...

Code:
default_filter_factory.cpp
.\boost/spirit/home/qi/numeric/detail/real_impl.hpp(287): warning C4244: '=': conversion from 'unsigned __int64' to 'double', possible loss of data
.\boost/spirit/home/qi/numeric/real.hpp(168): note: see reference to function template instantiation 'bool boost::spirit::qi::detail::real_impl<T,RealPolicies>::parse<Iterator,T>(Iterator &,const Iterator &,Attribute &,const RealPolicies &)' being compiled
        with
        [
            T=double,
            RealPolicies=boost::spirit::qi::strict_real_policies<double>,
            Iterator=const char *,
            Attribute=double
        ]
.\boost/spirit/home/qi/numeric/real.hpp(168): note: see reference to function template instantiation 'bool boost::spirit::qi::detail::real_impl<T,RealPolicies>::parse<Iterator,T>(Iterator &,const Iterator &,Attribute &,const RealPolicies &)' being compiled
        with
        [
            T=double,
            RealPolicies=boost::spirit::qi::strict_real_policies<double>,
            Iterator=const char *,
            Attribute=double
        ]
.\boost/spirit/home/qi/parse.hpp(86): note: see reference to function template instantiation 'bool boost::spirit::qi::any_real_parser<T,Policies>::parse<Iterator,boost::spirit::context<boost::fusion::cons<T &,boost::fusion::nil_>,boost::spirit::locals<boost::mpl::na,boost::mpl::na,boost::mpl::na,boost::mpl::na,boost::mpl::na,boost::mpl::na,boost::mpl::na,boost::mpl::na,boost::mpl::na,boost::mpl::na>>,boost::spirit::unused_type>(Iterator &,const Iterator &,Context &,const Skipper &,T &) const' being compiled
        with
        [
            T=double,
            Policies=boost::spirit::qi::strict_real_policies<double>,
            Iterator=const char *,
            Context=boost::spirit::context<boost::fusion::cons<double &,boost::fusion::nil_>,boost::spirit::locals<boost::mpl::na,boost::mpl::na,boost::mpl::na,boost::mpl::na,boost::mpl::na,boost::mpl::na,boost::mpl::na,boost::mpl::na,boost::mpl::na,boost::mpl::na>>,
            Skipper=boost::spirit::unused_type
        ]
.\boost/spirit/home/qi/parse.hpp(86): note: see reference to function template instantiation 'bool boost::spirit::qi::any_real_parser<T,Policies>::parse<Iterator,boost::spirit::context<boost::fusion::cons<T &,boost::fusion::nil_>,boost::spirit::locals<boost::mpl::na,boost::mpl::na,boost::mpl::na,boost::mpl::na,boost::mpl::na,boost::mpl::na,boost::mpl::na,boost::mpl::na,boost::mpl::na,boost::mpl::na>>,boost::spirit::unused_type>(Iterator &,const Iterator &,Context &,const Skipper &,T &) const' being compiled
        with
        [
            T=double,
            Policies=boost::spirit::qi::strict_real_policies<double>,
            Iterator=const char *,
            Context=boost::spirit::context<boost::fusion::cons<double &,boost::fusion::nil_>,boost::spirit::locals<boost::mpl::na,boost::mpl::na,boost::mpl::na,boost::mpl::na,boost::mpl::na,boost::mpl::na,boost::mpl::na,boost::mpl::na,boost::mpl::na,boost::mpl::na>>,
            Skipper=boost::spirit::unused_type
        ]
libs\log\src\default_filter_factory.cpp(272): note: see reference to function template instantiation 'bool boost::spirit::qi::parse<const char*,boost::spirit::qi::real_parser<double,boost::spirit::qi::strict_real_policies<double>>,double>(Iterator &,Iterator,const Expr &,Attr &)' being compiled
        with
        [
            Iterator=const char *,
            Expr=boost::spirit::qi::real_parser<double,boost::spirit::qi::strict_real_policies<double>>,
            Attr=double
        ]
libs\log\src\default_filter_factory.cpp(194): note: see reference to function template instantiation 'boost::log::v2_mt_nt5::filter boost::log::v2_mt_nt5::aux::default_filter_factory<char>::parse_argument<boost::log::v2_mt_nt5::equal_to>(const boost::log::v2_mt_nt5::attribute_name &,const std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char>> &)' being compiled
libs\log\src\default_filter_factory.cpp(194): note: see reference to function template instantiation 'boost::log::v2_mt_nt5::filter boost::log::v2_mt_nt5::aux::default_filter_factory<char>::parse_argument<boost::log::v2_mt_nt5::equal_to>(const boost::log::v2_mt_nt5::attribute_name &,const std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char>> &)' being compiled
libs\log\src\default_filter_factory.cpp(193): note: while compiling class template member function 'boost::log::v2_mt_nt5::filter boost::log::v2_mt_nt5::aux::default_filter_factory<char>::on_equality_relation(const boost::log::v2_mt_nt5::attribute_name &,const std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char>> &)'
libs\log\src\default_filter_factory.cpp(298): note: see reference to class template instantiation 'boost::log::v2_mt_nt5::aux::default_filter_factory<char>' being compiled
.\boost/spirit/home/qi/numeric/detail/real_impl.hpp(309): warning C4244: '=': conversion from 'unsigned __int64' to 'double', possible loss of data
.\boost/spirit/home/qi/numeric/detail/real_impl.hpp(313): warning C4244: '=': conversion from 'unsigned __int64' to 'double', possible loss of data
compile-c-c++ bin.v2\libs\log\build\msvc-14.0\release\address-model-64\log-api-winnt\threading-multi\matches_relation_factory.obj
matches_relation_factory.cpp
compile-c-c++ bin.v2\libs\log\build\msvc-14.0\release\address-model-64\log-api-winnt\threading-multi\default_formatter_factory.obj
default_formatter_factory.cpp
msvc.link.dll bin.v2\libs\log\build\msvc-14.0\release\address-model-64\log-api-winnt\threading-multi\boost_log_setup-vc140-mt-1_59.dll
   Creating library bin.v2\libs\log\build\msvc-14.0\release\address-model-64\log-api-winnt\threading-multi\boost_log_setup-vc140-mt-1_59.lib and object bin.v2\libs\log\build\msvc-14.0\release\address-model-64\log-api-winnt\threading-multi\boost_log_setup-vc140-mt-1_59.exp
msvc.manifest.dll bin.v2\libs\log\build\msvc-14.0\release\address-model-64\log-api-winnt\threading-multi\boost_log_setup-vc140-mt-1_59.dll
common.copy stage\lib\boost_log_setup-vc140-mt-1_59.dll
bin.v2\libs\log\build\msvc-14.0\release\address-model-64\log-api-winnt\threading-multi\boost_log_setup-vc140-mt-1_59.dll
        1 file(s) copied.
common.copy stage\lib\boost_log_setup-vc140-mt-1_59.lib
bin.v2\libs\log\build\msvc-14.0\release\address-model-64\log-api-winnt\threading-multi\boost_log_setup-vc140-mt-1_59.lib
        1 file(s) copied.
compile-c-c++-pch bin.v2\libs\math\build\msvc-14.0\release\address-model-64\threading-multi\pch.pch
Im using
VS2015

boost 1_59_0
tfs-sdk 2.14
vs14 (with linker fix warning)

TFS 1.1 #660 last 10.41

//if nothing work im thinking about to install 2013 together with 2015, since it doesnt bring any problem ..

i dont want to have 2 versions but well :/

Last edited:
Back