• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Voltage OT || Discussion Thread - BETA coming soon!

Do you have what it takes to brave the four elements? Complete the seal for a chance to face the boss. Collect an item from each boss and you'll receive a magnificent reward!
djWtXYw.png

UR6gzY4.png

8DuuLbW.png

lWpmlRg.png

It's time for a little update. We have been working hard on adding quests into VoltageOT. All hunting ground maps & quest maps have been finished.

This is the current status of the server:
- Maps are 90% finished
- Scripts are 20% finished
- Items are 100% finished

While I'm here, here's another teaser!

Fight through vicious (or not so vicious) monsters to complete quests for excellent rewards.
0p2NEGx.png

yZFC6gv.png

Help NPCs with their troubles and be rewarded in many different ways.
yr4jEht.png

vH5hDhp.png

It looks very interesting, i would like to play it. Is there an approximate date for the release?

It looks very interesting, i would like to play it. Is there an approximate date for the release?
Most likely sometime around January. It's almost finished, but I will be out of country for a month in November.

We have added a couple new features in the last little while. Your character will now gain a "boost point" on certain levels which can be used to upgrade your character to your liking. These boost points can also be obtained by completing tasks or quests.
Sy7tzJU.png

Weapons and armor dropped by creatures now have the option to drop in different tiers. There are a total of 5 tiers on every item, with each one having a greater bonus (decided by a % calculation). You can also upgrade normal items into the tier system by using a "upgrading token".
UNqgFTx.png

Can you go more indepth about the upgrade system? I really hope is isn't that bland typical upgrade system that 99% of servers use. It would be rather disappointing to see.

Can you go more indepth about the upgrade system? I really hope is isn't that bland typical upgrade system that 99% of servers use. It would be rather disappointing to see.
These items are obtainable only from creatures, so all creatures have a chance to drop these "upgraded" items. It isn't like the typical server where you use an item and the item is upgraded. I know I mentioned the upgrading item, but that is still in consideration and may not be used.

Basically it makes it so you can loot "better" loot from creatures. I'll give you an example.

This is a normal ice rapier:
15:09 You see an ice rapier (Atk:42 physical + 18 ice, Def:1).
It weighs 15.00 oz.
A deadly but fragile weapon.

This is a "rare" ice rapier, dropped by a demon:
15:09 You see an rare ice rapier (Atk:46 physical + 18 ice, Def:1).
It weighs 15.00 oz.

This is a "mythical" ice rapier, dropped by a demon:
15:10 You see an mythical ice rapier (Atk:52 physical + 18 ice, Def:1).
It weighs 15.00 oz.

The rare item is the second tier of the dropping system and not so difficult to loot. However, a mythical item is a much more rare drop and therefore more valuable. It is mostly applicable to bosses. Dropping one of VoltageOT's rare sets from a boss with a tier boost will yield much better performance then a regular drop. This is also great for new players, as they can get general items such as DSM or golden legs with a nice little boost.

Hopefully that explains it, if you have any questions feel free to ask. :)

Last edited:
It seems that I was correct in it being the 'typical' upgrade system. It's alright for melee weapons since extra damage on an axe/sword/club actually makes somewhat of a difference.
But this upgrade system has been pretty useless for paladins and mage vocations. What kind of enchants do you have for wands/distance weapons? I was hoping for a unique item/upgrade system.

It seems that I was correct in it being the 'typical' upgrade system. It's alright for melee weapons since extra damage on an axe/sword/club actually makes somewhat of a difference.
But this upgrade system has been pretty useless for paladins and mage vocations. What kind of enchants do you have for wands/distance weapons? I was hoping for a unique item/upgrade system.
That bonus applies to distance weapons and we have 3-4 custom wands that players are able to choose which element they want to use. Also please note it applies to armors as well, which is a bonus to all vocations.

Feel free to suggest any features, it might be implemented. I'm open to ideas.

Well, development has been coming along nicely so figured I'd post a couple more teasers here.
Expect a BETA launch shortly!

pHsHLyi.png

aKO9Lnb.png

Introducing the death summoner class... an optional specialization for the master sorcerer.
03CIqZb.png

I figured I'd give everyone an update on the progress of the server. The things I have left to do are:
- configure and plan dungeon/combat arena systems (maps and scripts are done already)
- fix up a few quests
- create a good task system; most likely with bosses at the end of every task
- finish up event system (team deathmatch, zombies, free for all, CTF)
- balance all creatures/vocations

Also, I have successfully added a few new features to the server. See below!

All of our items weapons and armors can be enchanted with critical hit chance, mana leech and life leech. The items needed to enchant items are all obtainable from the crafting system.
RJJCGxa.png

We have added the prey system. This system contains almost all the monsters in VoltageOT. You can gain bonus XP, damage reduction, damage increase and loot increase from your selected prey.
Hw09JpC.png

We have added the store as it is in real tibia. We aim for the store to not be pay 2 win. Everything in the store is achievable in-game, and you can trade rewards from dungeons, events and arenas into coins.
fjkScpZ.png

Back