• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux VPS LAG

Ü Pendragon

Reaction score
Hello everyone, yesterday I bought a VPS RAM 3 at OVH with the following specifications
- 4vCore(s)
  • 2GHz
  • 24GB RAM
  • HDD

My server is version 10.100+ When my players reach 30, there are terrible freezes !!! Impossible to control them, when I check the consumption of ram and cpu this normal even low. But the server continues to lag.
2.png

Before this laggy VPS I used VPS SSD 3 with the following specifications
- 2vCores(s)
  • 2GHz
  • 8 GB RAM

- SSD

With this VPS the server runs without problems, my map weighs 160mb, it is a rl map, it supports 200 players without problem but when it passes the 220 it starts to lag because it has no more ram.

1.png

Now comes my question. How could I do to use the VPS RAM 3, which is lagged? Or how could I make OTBR (TFS) work fine on an HDD? Thanks in advance.

(I bought the VPS at ovh.com)

I'am using the same server as yours, true once i pass 30 online players extreme lag freezes happens, i think it is something OVH sided i think better we use dedicated servers, i kept trying to decrease all the packets size till i got maximum packet 120 and still freezes, thats why i found out it wasn't my problem (note that it worked well on more than one server before) (same datapack) : sharing this might somebody have the same issue here

Most likely network bandwidth which is getting limited after 30 players usage

Last edited:
Back