• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows VPS or Dedicated?

Rufo

Reaction score
Hello, my server now its hosted on a VPS, from VPSLAND, im using a business plan that is:
32 bit
1536 mb of Ram
34 dlls for a month

And as the server crashes a lot and takes a lot of time to charge, (MY PC HAVES 4 GB OF RAM, AND IT TAKES 10 SEC TO LOAD THE MAP, AND ON THE VPS TAKES UP TO 2 MINS!). I asked for a upgrade, and going to change to a Enterprise plan wich its:
32 bit
2048 mb
54 Dlls at month.

As its 54 dlls at month i was thinking if would be better if i rent a dedicated server. And where can i find one that full my needs for a not so high price.

OR should i stay with the new hosting plan?

Sorry For my english.

Yours
Rufo

Dedicated server is always better than a VPS.

Dedicated server = You get an entire server PC for yourself to do whatever you want with.

VPS = 1 server PC is "partitioned" up into several "Virtual PCs", one of which you get to manage. Thus you do not get 100% of the server PC capacity.

I don't Recommend VPSLand at all.

Check out netrackservers.com.
I can hook you up with discounts there aswell, let me know.
I've tested vps and dedicated from them, very awesome.

Also you can check out uk2.net SharedLayer | Home.

Where are your main players from btw? europe or america?

VPS would be a bad choice. I recommend getting a dedicated server. Dedicated servers are much more flexible with what hardware you want. You are also not as restricted as you would be having a VPS.

The best server you are going to get though (If you have the money of course) is to build your own server by buying hardware and then getting a top of the line internet connection such as Fiber Optics. This will allow you to save more money in the long term and you would also be getting a MUCH better result.

Back
Top Bottom