• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Vyctor17 newbie gallery

vyctor17

Reaction score
are my first sprites I'm starting to now:

op7jux.png

Last edited:
Well I'm gonna make a small commentary

First sword - It's good, but the handle is too thin, making it look odd.
Second sword - a bit small in my opinion.
Third sword - very small , that's even smaller than a knife ... definitely wrong..
Fourth sword - looks bad and unshaded + very small
Fifth sword - It is not a bad one , but you could've expressed some specific color out or something , it just looks like plain dead item that draws no attention to it.
Axe - too small , bad shape , and bad shading.
Scythe - too big , not shaded correctly.
First shield is totally unshaded and uncreative , the second one is a bit better compared to the first one , but they're also both small , and shaped in a boring round type which [not necessarily] reduces the chance that the shield is badass.
The table and the tile are by far best 2 pieces out there, while the wall is somehow wierd, yet not that bad.

You should work on your shapes and sizes and make sure that [pickupable] items neither exceed 32x32 pixels size, but you shouldn't also make them so tiny either. After shapes , there comes the shading .. As how I've understood and been thought , the item should be shaded from top/left [bright] to right/down [darker] , take it in mind and look up some tutorials about it if you're not sure how to do it.

Also try introducing your weapons to a bit of change, like making some blade fiery/icy, or having a rusty sword or just an unusual but cool shape. All just metal and white blades get boring to the viewers.
I hope you will have some use of this comment, I tried to point out what you should improve [imo].
Keep posting!

thanks Shadowsong I'll try to improve and post something better next time

try adding some shadow effects to your weapons, and making a bit bigger your shields

As how I've understood and been thought , the item should be shaded from top/left [bright] to right/down [darker] , take it in mind and look up some tutorials about it if you're not sure how to do it.
Actually, as long as he is coherent about it, it's his decision where the light comes from. ;)
Don't use white background!

Back