• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

C++ wanting to learn

nettoMain

Reaction score
Hello, I'm a brazilian user, but, huh, my regional community sucks (there are only otadmins, aka kids, and the ones who've the knowledge don't wanna share it)
I'm currently studying at learncpp.com —I'm on chapter 9, poo is freaking haahuha—, however idk either how TFS engine (internal classes, like Cylinder) or lua api (c++ side) works.
Where should I learn it? I don't wanna have a instructor or anything, just some documentation
so, can someone help me?
thank u all <3

Last edited:
Solution
Hello nettoMain,

have you taken a look at Home · otland/forgottenserver Wiki · GitHub ?

Scroll through the wiki pages, with a little bit of programming knowledge you'll get to know a lot of how TFS works and with that you'll be then able to approach and deepen yourself more and more into the source code and actually understand it.

Kindest Regards,
Okke
Hello nettoMain,

have you taken a look at Home · otland/forgottenserver Wiki · GitHub ?

Scroll through the wiki pages, with a little bit of programming knowledge you'll get to know a lot of how TFS works and with that you'll be then able to approach and deepen yourself more and more into the source code and actually understand it.

Kindest Regards,
Okke

Solution
I haven't noticed the wiki section before, thanks. I'll use it as my guideline
buuut, if I have some question that wasn't explained on the wiki, can I come here to ask you about? Dunno how far ur knowledge on cpp goes

That's a good start to use that as a guideline to understand the code better.

I'm not a huge fan of the newer TFS versions, though I could give you a hand here or there.

I do run an older version of TFS in which I've made many successful modifications and just for you information it's online right now as you can see in my signature. :)

There are plenty of people needin' help with the source-code and if you don't mind I'd like you to keep the forum organized and post any issues you have on the Support Board, that's why we have one, that way me or any other programmer can take a look and kind of try to help you out with your issues.

Kindest Regards,
Okke

It's a lil bit hard for me to write in a language like English (on the contrary, read is easy) as a brazilian native, but I'll learn how to deal with it ahusahushua
fine, thanks for the support

Back