• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

War with Syria

As I stated, we should have our military force standby in Syria incase Israel does attack, then the entire NATO forces could respond.
yh and i actually think that will be a direction we will take.

USA should just wait till the report of the UN and shouldnt rush into things, but they won't...
also i dont like the idea of just shooting some tactical missiles at syria, it wont solve a thing imo, a better solution imo could be just making a non fly zone above syria this way the land is cut off and the people will be protected by any further airborn attack.

but i have to agree with ghost: i'd rather have the usa attack then Israel because it could easely escalate to WW3 ; the chances of that happening when usa does it are much slimmer.

Well i am shocked at the UK's attitude.

UK tests are positive for Sarin gas. However - they cannot establish the instigator. The rebels do not have the power or ability to instigate such an attack. So it's a 99% chance Al-asaad committed the attack. However - with the previous vote the UK did - Britain is "sitting out". And will not be involved in the response.

Once the UN conclude their tests - AMERICA need to act. I'm sorry for those who don't want intervention but if they don't act at that exact moment - they risk Israel taking it into their own hands. Israel intervening WILL cause a world war.

Well i am shocked at the UK's attitude.

UK tests are positive for Sarin gas. However - they cannot establish the instigator. The rebels do not have the power or ability to instigate such an attack. So it's a 99% chance Al-asaad committed the attack. However - with the previous vote the UK did - Britain is "sitting out". And will not be involved in the response.

Once the UN conclude their tests - AMERICA need to act. I'm sorry for those who don't want intervention but if they don't act at that exact moment - they risk Israel taking it into their own hands. Israel intervening WILL cause a world war.

Doubt Israel intervening will cause a WW3. Israel has been fighting against other middle-eastern countries for decades. I personally think this will escalate in another cold war. I really doubt Russia and China will support Syria if it ever came to a war.

Doubt Israel intervening will cause a WW3. Israel has been fighting against other middle-eastern countries for decades. I personally think this will escalate in another cold war. I really doubt Russia and China will support Syria if it ever came to a war.
No - but russia would act on Israel intervening. The US is quite friendly with Israel and would step in - England, germany, france would step in and then china will too. The UN needs to sanction this asap.

There is much more of a chance WW3 would begin if Israel attack first rather than the US. And i don't really want to be pulled into a war with Israel.

I think we should just let the middle east have at itself and figure shit out, like a couple. Letting third parties intervene constantly means they will threaten then hide behind someone constantly...

Everybody saying there shouldn't be a war? Ok how about you just watched 1000s of people die in their sleep? How about your lovely leader starting killing all your friends and family? Would you not want big boy america to say STOP?

There's something called human rights and it applies to every human on the planet. Would you guys just sit by while your neighbour is getting raped and abused by her spouse? Why should you get involved? It's nothing to do with you and it wont affect you in way way shape or form... You shouldn't even phone the police since wtf has it got to do with them? Oh thats right... they must enforce the law so you will phone them... well guess what.. syria is breaking international law and i think it is outrageous that nobody has tried to help them yet!

Everybody saying there shouldn't be a war? Ok how about you just watched 1000s of people die in their sleep? How about your lovely leader starting killing all your friends and family? Would you not want big boy america to say STOP?

There's something called human rights and it applies to every human on the planet. Would you guys just sit by while your neighbour is getting raped and abused by her spouse? Why should you get involved? It's nothing to do with you and it wont affect you in way way shape or form... You shouldn't even phone the police since wtf has it got to do with them? Oh thats right... they must enforce the law so you will phone them... well guess what.. syria is breaking international law and i think it is outrageous that nobody has tried to help them yet!
Considering I am part of what defends America and any Ally of America I think I have the right to speak my mind freely on whether I think we should "defend" the people of a country by killing their own people. The middle east has been at war since the beginning of time and will persist, even if united. The most we can do is just sit by until they realize "Well shit, we arn't getting anywhere with killing!" Instead we jump in, kill a few thousand and cause rebels/enemy militia kill even more including our own people (not theirs OURS) and then end up realizing that the real threat wasn't much of a threat until we started the war. I agree, certain people and certain groups should be taken out, but Syria? Negative.

Considering I am part of what defends America and any Ally of America I think I have the right to speak my mind freely on whether I think we should "defend" the people of a country by killing their own people. The middle east has been at war since the beginning of time and will persist, even if united. The most we can do is just sit by until they realize "Well shit, we arn't getting anywhere with killing!" Instead we jump in, kill a few thousand and cause rebels/enemy militia kill even more including our own people (not theirs OURS) and then end up realizing that the real threat wasn't much of a threat until we started the war. I agree, certain people and certain groups should be taken out, but Syria? Negative.

Saying no to Syria is exactly the same as saying no to wanting police to stop crime in your city. grow up

you are fine that a tyrant is slaying innocent humans? That's fine, i can see you doing very well in life not caring about human rights or the law. Syria broke international law... what is law if no one enforces it? Not taking action against Syria and letting them break the law will just show the rest of the world... oh shit looks like international law doesn't mean shit and we can get away with anything. A green light for oppression.

Saying no to Syria is exactly the same as saying no to wanting police to stop crime in your city. grow up

you are fine that a tyrant is slaying innocent humans? That's fine, i can see you doing very well in life not caring about human rights or the law. Syria broke international law... what is law if no one enforces it? Not taking action against Syria and letting them break the law will just show the rest of the world... oh shit looks like international law doesn't mean shit and we can get away with anything. A green light for oppression.
And meddling in affairs that most the world doesnt want anything to do with is something we should do? I mean shit, i dont want to be on the receiving end of the stick if WW3 fucking goes down, but ofc, you will only worry about the comfort of your current lifestyle while me and my shipmates and fellow marines, soldiers and pilots are sent to do the dirty work and if you think Navy does nothing, then you are super wrong.

And meddling in affairs that most the world doesnt want anything to do with is something we should do? I mean shit, i dont want to be on the receiving end of the stick if WW3 fucking goes down, but ofc, you will only worry about the comfort of your current lifestyle while me and my shipmates and fellow marines, soldiers and pilots are sent to do the dirty work and if you think Navy does nothing, then you are super wrong.
Think about how the Syrian citizens that are getting killed feel, they are scared and want help... If that was happening in America I sure as hell would want another country to come help us.

Think about how the Syrian citizens that are getting killed feel, they are scared and want help... If that was happening in America I sure as hell would want another country to come help us.
Ya but you see we are having such issues, and just tend to cover them up or ignore them and blame someone else. Maybe not chemically involved but still

Ya but you see we are having such issues, and just tend to cover them up or ignore them and blame someone else
Yes U.S.A has issues, but atleast they aren't killing thousands of people with chemicals, and getting away with it.

lol meddling? are you stupid? Do you not understand that syria are BREAKING INTERNATIONAL LAW. does international law mean nothing to you? it's not 'meddling' if they are breaking the law for fuck sakes, get your head right!

Its EXACTLY the same as you saying you would just watch your neighbour get raped and abused... meh im not gonna phone the police to start 'meddling'.

Let's say obama just blew your house up with all your family in it... Would you care then? By your logic.. you shouldn't give a fuck since you would be 'meddling' by having a problem with tyranny.

I kinda guess you would care though wouldn't you and that maybe i cant compare your family to syria? or that obama isnt doing that? Well reality check, you aren't the only person on the planet with a family... the syrian people have families and they love eachother the same as you, just tihnk how bad you would feel if obama did that to your family. Think about what you're saying.. you are coming across as a right asshole not caring about a tyrant slaughtering humans like they're sheep !

Last edited:
Yes the chemical attacks in syria are against the international law, but doesnt that mean the whole of the international community has to respond instead of just one nation? also USA would just send some missiles to tactical places and what will happen? more people will be killed , more families will be broken. The most logic thing to do is wait till the report of the UN. If that shows al-assad did throw the chemical weapons ,then its time to do something about him but not with missiles imo. but it could just be a set up ,this may sound unlikely but the rebels contain big parts of extremistic groups. What if they set up the attack and the USA or any other country just throws some missiles,what is the point of that...

Imo they just have to wait till the report of the UN and if that gives a final proof then the world (and not just USA) has to answer. preferably by something that wouldnt cause thousands of deaths again. something like a no-fly zone would fit perfectly.

Guys why America didn't do nothing when Israel atacked Palestine with chemical gas and that missiles that they become a lot of pieces of fire, burning all including the children playing arround?
Did they did something?
Ty.

Yes there is proof that chemical warfare has been used. Sarin gas is colourless, oderless and extremely dangerous. This is what was detected by the uk's independent tests.

The issue is establishing who committed the act. Now the rebels have a lot to gain with the world intervening and taking down alasaad. So they could have set it up. The issue is - al asaad had everything to lose to commit such an attack.

Once the un is finalised on their report the world will act accordingly. I just find it shocking the uk has accepted it wont intervene even though the gas was used and even if they establish al asaad committed the attack.

After the conclusive evidence is given - america need to strike if alasaad did do it. Because if israel attack, RUSSIA WILL RESPOND.
Walking dragon is in the us navy - i guess he feels that an attack would be unnecessary but it was the consequence if these actions. It was agreed that chemical warfare was not tolerated and if a nation breeches this act then they have to deal with the consequences.

I don't quite know what would happen to me if england were to respond. Even though i'm going for officership i have been drafted into training left right and centre with other soldiers and already i have a future commitment of 2 years. And believe me you do not want to go to war that's between Israel and russia.

Guys why America didn't do nothing when Israel atacked Palestine with chemical gas and that missiles that they become a lot of pieces of fire, burning all including the children playing arround?
Did they did something?
Ty.
Napalm? Little different. Napalm isn't classed as a WMD.. So it isn't the same caliber

@hehemidu exactly my point, sure it might be international law but there were times we never intervened when it happened in a place outside of our interest. Like with the African warlords, do we go on an All out war with them? Negative, we fucking let them have at it in Africa, so why is it if one place that has a lot of oil and goverment issues have that interests us so much? I'm sure we all know, I mean why else would a broke nation spend money it doesn't have on a country that's been at it with a few others and itself for so long?

Back