• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Web Bot: Craziest shit in the world?

Evan

A splendid one to behold
Senator
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
Q: What is a Web Bot?
A: Web Bot, or the Web Bot Project, refers to an Internet bot software program that is claimed to be able to predict future events by tracking keywords entered on the Internet. It was created in 1997, originally to predict stock market trends. The creator of the Web Bot Project, Clif High, along with his associate George Ure, who call themselves "The Time Monks", keep the technology and algorithms largely secret and sell the predictions via the website halfpasthuman.com.

Methodology:
High and Ure say that the Web Bot works by using a form of the Wisdom of Crowds, with spiders that search the internet for about 300,000 keywords with emotional context[3] and record the preceding and following words to create a "snapshot." Through this, the technology is claimed to be able to examine the collective unconscious of the world as a whole. It is thus said to be able to predict catastrophic events 60 to 90 days in advance.

They have predicted many major events such as:

Successful claimed hits

They, however, some predictions had close misses as well.

Future prediction:
  • Major catastrophe in 2012 - The Web Bot has gained most of its notoriety for contributing to the 2012 phenomenon by predicting that a cataclysm will devastate the planet in the year 2012, possibly a reversing of Earth's magnetic poles or a small series of nuclear attacks leading up to a major attack on this day. The prediction does not necessarily call for a complete end of the world.

SOURCE: Web Bot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

To be honest, this is crazy! Do you believe in this system?

They did not predict this, they are part of it!! Kill them! Kill them I tell ya!

This thing only picks up the most common crazy theory's and says "*crazy theory* will happen blA BLA BLA"

BS.

I can tell that in 60-90 day a big cruiser is going to sink.

Through this, the technology is claimed to be able to examine the collective unconscious of the world as a whole. It is thus said to be able to predict catastrophic events 60 to 90 days in advance.

So lets see if I get this straight... this... bot searches the internet for keywords and thus gathers data from the so called "Collective Consciousness" (Borg anyone?), and through this predicts future events?

How exactly does this work with weather phenomenons?
Last time I checked, people didn't control the weather with their minds...

• Major catastrophe in 2012 - The Web Bot has gained most of its notoriety for contributing to the 2012 phenomenon by predicting that a cataclysm will devastate the planet in the year 2012, possibly a reversing of Earth's magnetic poles or a small series of nuclear attacks leading up to a major attack on this day. The prediction does not necessarily call for a complete end of the world.

Well this wasn't much of a shock. We've known about this ... "2012 end of the world" ever since we discovered the Mayan calendar, which by the way is the thing which predicted said end.
I probably don't need to mention either that if you search google for "2012", you get a total of 255,000,000 results, more or less all of em pertaining to the "end of the world".

The polar shifts is also widely associated with one of the doomsday theories involving the planet Nibiru, which is said to be the home world of an alien race called the "Anunnaki", who BTW in some places was said to be reptilian aliens who were the creators of humans and the being(s) we today see as the "God" who originally created "all that is".

The theories of nuclear attacks ... well I probably don't have to mention how well-situated this prediction is in modern society. I'm just gonna point towards the game [Fallout 3], and leave it at that.

Also, I find it important to point out that the term "End of the world", could be translated/interpreted in a wide variety of ways. It doesn't necessarily mean end of life, but rather ... end of "way of life" as we know it.
Lets say for example that an alien race dropped by to say hi and decided to give us advanced technology to help us, something which kicks us far into the future in terms of technology and way of life... Wouldn't this count as "End of the world (as we know it)"?

If you got the position, direction and speed of every particle in the universe you can calculate everything that will ever happend. Take parts of it in a closed enviroment can work too.

We have actual proff that our minds can "predict things", I a sorta way that we can't explain, but it's possible that it makes emotional changes and makes us search on things. That can be used to calculate the events. Well, I won't believe in it before they make it open source and some experts can look into it.

Nothing can be calculated when there are creatures that contantly change something.

But I kind of believe in the mind thing, I dream about things that then happened pretty often, but the it's only 1 second or 2 which actually seem to come true.

Nothing can be calculated when there are creatures that contantly change something.

But I kind of believe in the mind thing, I dream about things that then happened pretty often, but the it's only 1 second or 2 which actually seem to come true.

We have yet to prove the existance of free will.

Same here except for basically my whole day is basically true ^.^
I had a dream that i got shot (didn't happen) but the rest of the day was basically the same as the dream XD

predict future events by tracking keywords entered on the Internet

Mhmhhm? Wow, no wonder they can predict something in 2012, theres even a movie for it >;O!

The terriost attacked happened because of Bush. There was just a bad earthquake, they didn't predict that..

Hope we all die like hippies :)
edit;
btw. there is a movie or a book don't remember right that in some of "moses" books is written in that a comet will hit the earth at 2012 22/24th

Back