• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Buying Web Developer Needed

Peroxide

Gone since January 2018
Senator
Reaction score
Web Developer Needed!

I am currently looking for a web developer/designer who would be interested in helping me with an idea I had. I have 50$ USD I can spend/
Hopefully I can find someone who will work in this price range. With that said let me give a little information.

Personally, I find myself playing Call of Duty, DayZ, Tibia, BattleField, and other games that have server lists but aren't combined into one.
I am looking for someone to start me off on a Tibia Server List that I can slowly pay other developers to script in the other games as needed.
I will list the current needed functions as follows:

Needed Features

-Search function
-Option to add a Tibia server to the list
-Create User/Login Panel/Manage Server
-Add/Edit Server through user panel (only if online)
-Shows server data and functions properly (Server Flag, Server Name, Players Online(Record)/MaxAllowedOnline, Uptime Percent, Server Exp, Client)
-Only show online servers on the list
-Include a center panel at the top of the website to display blog updates, featured servers, websites updates, social networks, etc
-Basic Admin Panel that is secure for dealing with spoofed servers (ban option needed)
-Create the option for admins to select and highlight servers or even as a donation option as well
-Points System for using our website/donating/sharing/etc

This is all we need to get started, and remember to start this off we will only be tibia based.
So you must at least have knowledge with tibia in the sense that you know how to get the information to display on the list.
I will personally go on other forums and find web developers for the other games when the website is complete on the tibia side.

If there are any concerns with how we plan to display and design the website, hopefully you web dev's have heard of boot strap.
It gives a clean, professional feel to the website and is easily customizable. Hopefully we can use this for our styles on the website,
but I am open to what ever the web developer is more a custom too seeing as I've set a strict price range I can't go over right now.

Thank you for your time, hope to hear from somebody soon!​

Last edited:
I'm almost sure I can take this job, but I'll let you know tomorrow how I wrote in PM : )

Purchased a starter MineCraft Server List template/script, lots of functionality and everything works including the server list script and user registration.
I am still looking for someone who could help me create the function for the server list to get tibia server information; since the MineCraft servers grab information different.

Best of luck in finding someone, Peroxide. I may be able to help with a few bits and bobs every now and then if so required.

By the way, what mod do you usually play as far as DayZ goes?

I don't play DayZ as my current PC can't run it, however with the PC I'm in the process of building I should be able to quite easily :p

Haha, I know dat feel bro. When it first sparkled my interest, I had only my macbook pro. Don't get me wrong, I was able to run it through boot camp, but at the absolute lowest settings, and my FPS was utterly disgusting. So... I did what any man would do. I bought an entirely new beast of a PC just for DayZ :w00t:

Anyway, sorry for cluttering your thread, but we should play once you get your PC going!

What server informations do you need from server?
Just status, amount of players and uptime - or more?

@sn3ejk, that's exactly what we need. Right now it grabs the Mine Craft information, we need it to grab the Tibia Server information instead.
Players Online/Max, Uptime/Online or Offline, Distro/Rev are the main things that need to be updated, everything else would be user set when adding a server.

@topic,

Here is an updated "Needed Features" list since we've got the template and basic functions working:

Needed Features

-Convert the Minecraft server queryscript that fetches server information to fetch tibia server information (must be functional with the list, and update on the home page)
-Edit the current layout of the list to have (Server Flag, Server Name, Players Online(Record)/MaxAllowedOnline, Uptime Percent, Server Exp, Client)
-A forum built into the website, using the server list users to post/register
-Edit the current voting system to make it more user friendly, allow people to vote servers up and show on a page "Top Voted" and get points for votes
-Points System for using our website/referrals/votes/etc - allow users to highlight, show blogs, become a featured server with the points
-Add a blog/news feed for servers to update on the server list
-Move the minecraft list to a different/background page, and keep the tibia list as the main page; to later introduce the minecraft list once it is fully functional
-Edit our Search Function to have searching options
-Edit the server information page to be more sleek and stylish when displaying the description of a server

*IDEA/Could be abused* - Create a page called "Most Recent", displaying servers added to the list in the last 48 hours.
To deal with abusers, only allow a servers IP (numeric) to be added to the most recent list once every 7 days. If a user continuously re-adds their server it will not re-add to the most recent.

Optional:
-On the add server page, create the option to select a game from a drop down menu. (Tibia, MineCraft, etc) - Function must be able to be hidden/disabled from AdminCP while the other pages are created and the functions are scripted.

I can wait until the Tibia Side is completely functional to look into this drop down menu on the page, but it would be nice to have ready for when the other lists of the website are working.

-----

Time Desired: You will have 2-4 weeks to work on this, I am willing to work with peoples time schedules.

Price Range: 50$ +/- (USD)

Simply respond to the thread if you are interested or Private Message myself or Peroxide.

If you think you can script "some" of the needed features, I can work out a deal to script certain parts of the website and let someone work on the rest. But please at least have a good number of the features that you can script if you want the job! (3+)

Remember, the website is using BootStrap - so the template is easy to edit and add buttons without designing anything.

Last edited:
Basically an otservlist clone with built-in forums?

Read the main post again, why even make useless posts like that Wangsta?

Me and Peroxide are simply starting on a Tibia Server list with this community, and spreading it throughout the other games.

Thanks for being concerned with your sarcasm though.

I understand that you want to branch out into other games, but as for what you're realistically asking someone to build for you in terms of features, otservlist is the most accurate reference.

Web Developer Needed!
I will list the current needed functions as follows:

Needed Features

-Search function
-Option to add a Tibia server to the list
-Create User/Login Panel/Manage Server
-Add/Edit Server through user panel (only if online)
-Shows server data and functions properly (Server Flag, Server Name, Players Online(Record)/MaxAllowedOnline, Uptime Percent, Server Exp, Client)
-Only show online servers on the list
-Include a center panel at the top of the website to display blog updates, featured servers, websites updates, social networks, etc
-Basic Admin Panel that is secure for dealing with spoofed servers (ban option needed)
-Create the option for admins to select and highlight servers or even as a donation option as well
-Points System for using our website/donating/sharing/etc

This is all we need to get started, and remember to start this off we will only be tibia based.

What part of this doesn't sound exactly like otservlist? That was literally all I could think of when reading through the original post.

To give you a better understanding, I'm trying create a solid game/website community as a project I can refer back to in the future. It just so happens to be a server list, but this is my first step into website programming/development so why not start with something I know. I can understand the confusion, since otservlist.org is already there. But what I am trying to do with this server list, is make more of a community out of it. With voting, top rated servers, forums, constant comments/feedback on server news posts, etc to make an all round community I am the manager of. For future reference, this could help me out when applying for administration/web site developing/other related jobs that I will be perusing in the future as I enter the college level of developing/programming/scripting, this will be my first year starting in an actual class learning code languages and other things like that. So again, I am simply starting with something I am familiar with and branching off to managing a community of multiple games, bringing everyone together; as Peroxide would like to help me on this adventure it gives me all the more advantage to start the Tibia side of the list first before branching off into the other games, since it is more than likely we will get some sort of following from OTLand and other related forums seeing as we have been around here for awhile.

Hope you can understand why I am doing this, seeing as I'm pretty sure you went to college for around the same stuff. This is more a of project/knowledge foundation for me rather than a money making skeem, as stated before; any "point" system we have will easily be obtainable by votes, comments, uptime, website/forum activity and things of that nature.

Before you get defensive again, I am in no way trying to belittle your project. I'm actually quite fond of the idea, just trying to clarify the work you want done. From a work standpoint, if someone wants to take this project, otservlist is very close to the start-up you have described.

I do not wish to derail your thread any further. If you want to discuss this in greater detail I'm available on skype.

No worries, I wasn't trying to come off as defensive; I guess I just didn't want to seem like I'm trying to be a copy cat here. I realize there isn't much information as to why I am doing this; more so just information on what I want done so I understand the confusion.

I'll definitely stay in contact with you on any further notice/concerns with this project.

Update

Sn3jke has been hired to convert the Minecraft query scripts to grab Tibia server information, he will also be slightly customizing the template to display all of the new information added.

We still need someone to help us edit the voting system, and create a new page called "Top Servers" that pulls information from the votes - Create a point system from votes, server uptime, etc to be used for highlights - Integrate a forum into the site that uses the server list database of users to post - and a good number of the needed features from the previous post. But these are our top priorities right now.

Last edited:
I can make you a proper self organising website. Payment after I did it ofcourse. if this is still a open spot

Working for shadowsongs necronia page atm. If you like it and they both fail message me :)

regards

i got a nice "OpenTibia Server List" created by Xampy, i will speak with him if he want sells and tell you! :)

Back