• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Weekly Challenge #1 Helmet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it should be unlimited colors, limiting beginners is silly :/ (the vast majority of otlanders)

The color limitation is just to stop those tools from photoshop , to shade. Believe me i just started to learn spriting and its so way easier to do it manually.. :p OFC you need some training. But you it's simple and way faster.

Tell me sir, what is the difference between shading in pain and photoshop? you can always posterize it so you wont even notice, anyway this limit is dumb like hell , I believe that the idea was created by some pixel-artist which dislikes shading thats all , if the person doesnt know how to shade and will lose the challenge that his problem but we should be able to have unlimited amount of colors because who wants to make some shitty helmet only with 20 colors?

Belive me 20 colors is more then enough, I did my helmet with only 13 colors and it was shaded properly.

Wow great, but still you havent caught what I wanted to convey, I mean that some people which USE their imagination will want to make something amazing with many different colors.

Wow great, but still you havent caught what I wanted to convey, I mean that some people which USE their imagination will want to make something amazing with many different colors.

True. I had 116 colours on my helmet, had to posterize to 20 colors and it looks sucky now.

Dunno why you even discuss... The rules are 20 colors. If you have a problem with that dont join the contest. Imo it's easier to compare the pieces if they all have a color limit.

but this isn't supposed to be an easy competition. It is supposed to PUSH your ability. I'm sure future contests wont have limits like this - but this one indeed does.
It's no different than other competitions... It just shows ability to be able to create a masterpiece with limitations...
E.g. You have x materials to achieve x goal. Time starts now.

This competition is not just about creativity. Give it a try. What have you got to lose?! If you don't like the limit - wait for the next competition. However, you may aswell try and submit something (says the guy who isn't going to submit muahahaha) But seriously - humour him. Keep to 20 colours + 1 background (grey or w,e it was)

Good luck to those who take up the challenge! Whether you feel it's good or not, enter.

I would be able to create a helmet using only three colors, but that is not the point, we are on forum which mainly focuses on Tibia, so if there is a 32x32 limit here like in sprites from tibia, why can we have same amount of colors like in most of the items from Tibia world? , Noxiz stated that it is easier to compare items, no thats not truth the main thing which is the most important is shading and lighting , with or without 20 colors we are able to make it without any problems but if it comes to variations? I would create something better than this which I sended but when I was beggining my work I just noticed that I used too many colors and I wont be able to add any new feature which would make this helmet look even better so next time change the limit to 50 it will be easier to make some cool stuff.

Thread can be closed. I would put voting soon, aswell next challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back