• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Weird npc problem.

djukkis

Reaction score
In game when I have got 20gp, and I go to any shop npc, and want to buy item what costs 20gp. Well, I cannot buy it. For some reason I need like 40gp with me, that I can buy it. When I have ~40gp and bought it, I paid only 20gp, the normal price.

Another NPC problem. Why doesnt my two npc spawn?
I have 4 different spell seller npc. 2 of them does not spawn.
No errors in console.

Thank you, I appreciate your help.

Idk about that gold problem.
But for the non-spawning.
Make sure each npcs the exact name your typing.
If they don't spawn because of the map editor, the names do not match the file.

I didnt quite understand but.
For excample, here is my npc Obi.xml

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<npc name="Obi" script="data/npc/scripts/default.lua" walkinterval="2000" floorchange="0">
    <health now="100" max="100"/>
    <look type="131" head="19" body="63" legs="96" feet="38" addons="0"/>
    <parameters>
        <parameter key="module_keywords" value="1" />
<parameter key="message_sendtrade" value="Of course, just browse through my wares." />
<parameter key="message_greet" value="Hello, hello, |PLAYERNAME|! Please come in, look, and buy! If you like to see my offers, ask me for a {trade}!" />
        <parameter key="keywords" value="armor;sell;name;job;name;weapon;rookgaard;cipfried;thais;sam;mainland;oracle;al dee;tom;seymour;academy;equipment;willie;food;monsters;billy;sewers;guards;dallheim;rookgaard;buy;dixi;bye;hi;amber;paulie;bank;money;gold;monsters;merchants;buy;backack;rope;shovel;shield;al'dee;lee'delle;hyacinth;lily;potion;academy" />
        <parameter key="keyword_reply1" value="Oh, just upstairs. My granddaughter {Dixi} is in charge of selling armors and shields." />
        <parameter key="keyword_reply2" value="Just ask me for a {trade} to see which things I buy from you." />
        <parameter key="keyword_reply3" value="My name is Obi, just Obi, the honest merchant. If you like to {trade}, just ask." />
        <parameter key="keyword_reply4" value="I'm a merchant and the local {weapon} smith. If you like to see my quality wares or sell weapons to me, ask me for a {trade}." />
        <parameter key="keyword_reply5" value="My name is Obi, just Obi, the honest merchant. If you like to {trade}, just ask." />
        <parameter key="keyword_reply6" value="Yes, I'm selling weapons. Just ask me for a {trade} to see my offers and the things I buy from you." />
        <parameter key="keyword_reply7" value="Ah, Rookgaard. Home sweet home, that's what it became for me, but I will always miss {Thais} and {Sam}." />
        <parameter key="keyword_reply8" value="He shouldn't heal people for free, no he shouldn't. That would be a great source of income for the village that could be invested in enhancing the smithy." />
        <parameter key="keyword_reply9" value="Oh, Thais, I'll be back. One day, I'll be back." />
        <parameter key="keyword_reply10" value="My good old cousin Sam. Oh, how I miss him." />
        <parameter key="keyword_reply11" value="Well, the mainland also consists of several continents. You can go there once you are level 8 and have talked to the {oracle}." />
        <parameter key="keyword_reply12" value="The oracle, ah, such a weird being! It will lead you off this island once you are level 8, yes it will, mark my words." />
        <parameter key="keyword_reply13" value="Oh, this guy is so greedy, so greedy. Ripping off poor adventurers like you!" />
        <parameter key="keyword_reply14" value="Well, he just buys what no one else wants. Stuff that's long dead. I can live with that, yes, I can live with that." />
        <parameter key="keyword_reply15" value="He is the head of the local academy. I encouraged him to sponsor you, but no one listens to Obi, no one listens to me, as usual." />
        <parameter key="keyword_reply16" value="I think good practice is better than reading a boring book. Of course, you will need proper {equipment} to be able to get practice!" />
        <parameter key="keyword_reply17" value="As an adventurer you should always have at least a {backpack}, a {rope}, a {shovel}, a {weapon}, an {armor} and a {shield}." />
        <parameter key="keyword_reply18" value="This guy doesn't understand that he should entrust me with the food business, too. He really should do. Then he had time for his farm." />
        <parameter key="keyword_reply19" value="I told them to let me sell food, but no! Sorry, you have to ask {Willie} or {Billy} on the farms west of here." />
        <parameter key="keyword_reply20" value="Good monsters to start with are rats. They live in the {sewers} under the village of {Rookgaard}." />
        <parameter key="keyword_reply21" value="He's just like his cousin {Willie}." />
        <parameter key="keyword_reply22" value="There are many sewer entrances throughout Rookgaard. One is right outside this shop and to the left. For more details about monsters and dungeons, best talk to one of the {guards}." />
        <parameter key="keyword_reply23" value="The bridge guard {Dallheim} is north of here, just follow the street, you can't miss it." />
        <parameter key="keyword_reply24" value="What a hero, what a hero." />
        <parameter key="keyword_reply25" value="Ah, Rookgaard. Home sweet home, that's what it became for me, but I will always miss {Thais} and {Sam}." />
        <parameter key="keyword_reply26" value="I sell {weapons} of all kinds. Just ask me for a {trade} if you like to see my offers." />
        <parameter key="keyword_reply27" value="Oh, what an endearing little girl, and she's working so hard to help me, even without receiving payment. Such a sweet little girl!" />
        <parameter key="keyword_reply28" value="Farewell, I hope you were satisfied with our service." />
        <parameter key="keyword_reply29" value="Hello, hello, |PLAYERNAME|! Please come in, look, and buy! If you like to see my offers, ask me for a {trade}!" />
        <parameter key="keyword_reply30" value="She is beautiful, very, very beautiful. I hope I can impress her somehow." />
        <parameter key="keyword_reply31" value="I told everyone he will cause trouble. He talks people into giving him their money and putting it on the {bank}! They rather should leave it here with us honest merchants!" />
        <parameter key="keyword_reply32" value="If I were you, I'd invest my money in quality steel rather than putting it in a so-called safe bank account!" />
        <parameter key="keyword_reply33" value="Well, no gold, no deal. Earn gold by fighting {monsters} and picking up the things they carry. Sell it to {merchants} to make profit!" />
        <parameter key="keyword_reply34" value="Well, no gold, no deal. Earn gold by fighting {monsters} and picking up the things they carry. Sell it to {merchants} to make profit!" />
        <parameter key="keyword_reply35" value="Good monsters to start with are rats. They live in the {sewers} under the village of {Rookgaard}." />
        <parameter key="keyword_reply36" value="Sadly, not many merchants are as honest as I am." />
        <parameter key="message_farewell" value="Farewell, I hope you were satisfied with our service." />
        <parameter key="keyword_reply37" value="I sell {weapons} of all kinds. Just ask me for a {trade} if you like to see my offers." />
        <parameter key="keyword_reply38" value="I wish I could help you with that, but no, I was told to stick to weapons. Go see {Al} {Dee} or {Lee'Delle}." />
        <parameter key="keyword_reply39" value="I wish I could help you with that, but no, I was told to stick to weapons. Go see {Al} {Dee} or {Lee'Delle}." />
        <parameter key="keyword_reply40" value="I wish I could help you with that, but no, I was told to stick to weapons. Go see {Al} {Dee} or {Lee'Delle}." />
        <parameter key="keyword_reply41" value="Oh, just upstairs. My granddaughter {Dixi} is in charge of selling armors and shields." />
        <parameter key="keyword_reply42" value="Oh, this guy is so greedy, so greedy. Ripping off poor adventurers like you!" />
        <parameter key="keyword_reply43" value="She ruins the market with her offers! This is bad for us honest merchants, really bad." />
        <parameter key="keyword_reply44" value="I don't like him, actually I dislike him deeply. He is so greedy that he doesn't want to share his profit he gains from health potions." />
        <parameter key="keyword_reply45" value="I knew it! I knew she would try to get the monopoly on potions in this village! But no one has listened to me!" />
        <parameter key="keyword_reply46" value="I wish I could help you with that, but no, I was told to stick to weapons. Go see {Lily}." />
        <parameter key="keyword_reply47" value="I think good practice is better than reading a boring book. Of course, you will need proper {equipment} to be able to get practice!" />

<parameter key="module_shop" value="1"/>
        <parameter key="shop_buyable" value="axe,2386,20;dagger,2379,5;hand axe,2380,8;rapier,2384,15;sabre,2385,25;scythe,2550,12;short sword,2406,30;sickle,2405,8;spear,2389,10;" />
        <parameter key="shop_sellable" value="axe,2386,7;bone club,2449,5;dagger,2379,2;hand axe,2380,4;hatchet,2388,25;katana,2412,35;mace,2398,30;machete,2420,6;rapier,2384,5;sabre,2385,12;scythe,2550,3;short sword,2406,10;sickle,2405,2;spear,2389,3;sword,2376,25;" />
    </parameters>
</npc>
In map editor it shows up as Obi, and in the game it shows up as Obi. Or what did you meant?

Hey, I realized that I can buy an item with normal price by saying just for example "buy 2 ham". But when I go to trade window with npc, it bugs like I have said above.
ANYONE HELP?

EDIT: xD xD xD

I had buy with backpacks on -.-
First problem solved.
What about se second problem?
Npc does not spawn, without errors.

Last edited:
Back