• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Welcome to new Staff Members!

Thank you to everyone who applied for a role on Otland!

We received numerous interesting applications and after several rounds of careful deliberations would like you to welcome the following members who were promoted!
  • @Roddet taking on the role of Global Moderator, previously service as Senior Support Team member
  • @Addams taking on a role of Board Moderator for the Support board, in the past serving as Senior Support Team member
  • @Erikas Kontenis taking on a role of Board Moderator for the Discussion board
  • @Zainox taking on a role of Board Moderator for the Server Gala board
  • @Michael Orsino taking on the role of a Senior Support Team member (and thus helping with the Support board)
  • @mano368 taking on the role of a Senior Support Team member (and thus helping with the Support board)
Congratulations!

If you were not selected this time, we welcome you to reapply in future! In our deliberations - in addition to your application post - we take into account your contributions, behavior, demeanor, post history, warnings (if any), your activity and needs of the forum. For higher-level positions (such as Global Moderator), we generally promote users who previously demonstrated their abilities holding another position.

A big, warm welcome to all our new staff members! I'm excited getting to know you guys. 🎊

And a big thank you for everyone that did in fact apply. We've read every single application thoroughly. Some of you were really good candidates but did not make it this round. For anyone wondering, bad behavior does not per say make you excempt from becoming a staff member. Good behavior over time, beats bad history—shortly put. We believe in second chances and that people can reform. Nevertheless, please do not get discouraged if you didn't get selected this time. There's always a chance next time; and I do hope to see your application then as well.

Took so long I started to think that you didn't receive any at all. In fact I don't recognize most of these names. Were there any applications from "more famous" users?
There were indeed applications from more known users. Fame is not a factor that has much weight when it comes to moderation duties though. Post history and previous behavior are two big factors. Another factor that I personally really do notice, is when someone uses the report function flawlessly. It shows that the person knows the rules inside out, and would make the same decisions as we would.

Happy to see you guys expanded the staff, and congratulations for thoose who where picked! Just applying to staff is proof of commitment to the open tibia community, hope you guys help us -ot devs- to move forward and keep the game going with intresting stuff.

@Roddet and @Addams have been helping the community a lot recently, you're doing really great as always.
@Zainox is such a surprise, but he's really experienced and surely will help people here a lot.
@Michael Orsino has lot of knowledge and an incredible willingness to help.
@mano368 helped me a lot on support board, he's totally capable of assuming the role.
@Erikas Kontenis is someone I haven't seen much but as I see knows everything is needed to assume the role.

Is such and effort to be moderator/supporter, applying to something that doesn't bring back any benefit besides a community role; is something very valuable. The community needs a big refresh in matters of content, videogames industry is advancing by giant steps and open tibia is on the edge of being left behind.

There were indeed applications from more known users. Fame is not a factor that has much weight when it comes to moderation duties though. Post history and previous behavior are two big factors. Another factor that I personally really do notice, is when someone uses the report function flawlessly. It shows that the person knows the rules inside out, and would make the same decisions as we would.
I’ll have you know, all 9k+ posts of mine are top tier quality… xdddd

Congrats to those who were chosen, but especially @Michael Orsino

I know none of you but best of luck and well done, there's a lot of new faces in Open Tibia these days so looking forward to seeing how OT progresses, hopefully one day will return to the glory days

Congrats to all the new staff members
1064230494121766973.webp