• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What about an Otland Cloud?

@HalfAway
Dude, hahahaha .-.
kill_me_now_mem_by_shatrdexistnc-d5b6jql.jpg

@Damon
It's best ping, I think.
not for europe and asian users

Most of OtLand members isn't living on America? Which locations have more members? Europe or America? After ask this then pick a host :p
Most of the users is from europe. I will take a list from the stafflist

cbrm - unknown but he is from europe i'm sure.

Deavz - Sweden

Don Daniello - Poland

Evan - USA

Hani - Sweden

kornholi [ADMIN] - USA

Limos - Netherlands

Mark [ADMIN] - Sweden

Ninja - Sweden

Red - USA

Siramix - Sweden

Summ - Germany

wyzr - Mexico i think?

Znote - Norway

Also in this thread, Me and HalfAway is from Sweden and Damon is from Germany. So i think there's more europeans on otland. ;p

And OtLand is hosting in American Soil then your argument is invalid to me. By the way cbrm is from Porto Rico, something like this :p

- The Cloud will feature an "Anycast IP-Adress"
With a functioning Anycast configuration your inbound traffic will be routed to the VPS that is nearest to each visitor (i.e. European visitors will go Luxembourg, United States visitors depending on their location will go to either Las Vegas or New Jersey, Asia visitors will go to Las Vegas, etc.).

Note: This only applies to inbound traffic (= uploading files) so it just helps the Admins who are uploading the

Update
For now new users will be able to register as "guests". These can only view&download files. In order to be able to upload files you will need another user group which will be for now be assigned manually by the OTCloud Staff after you post in a specific thread. You will have to use your Otland name if you want to be validated.This ensures only Otlanders can upload content and malicous files will be easy to track back^^ If I can get the API to work as I want it to a confirmation/validation link could be generated and sent via pm to the respective otland users to skip the manual validstion process :)

Of course dude! If you want to use it I can send you the high res psd file.
I would love to! Could you also do a small thumbnail for it and maybe website favicon? :)

Nice idea, hope it takes off I have some stuff on my media fire account I could donate to this cloud.

Edit: and some stuff on my google drive account.

Last edited:
Nice idea, hope it takes off I some stuff on my media fire account I could donate to this cloud.
Sweet :) we could also host tutorials as pdf there or videos to keep them from decaying at otland^^

Question:
Do you think 500mb/user are sufficient as a start?

Resources are scarce and so is money. As a start to see how much space the cloud will acctually use I intended to start with a 250gb cloud space at ~500mb/user. Most files that are gonna be uploaded are very small (size)(mostly scripts). Datapacks (~? Mb) and maps (~20-50mb) are a bit bigger. Anyway I think this would be a good number to start with. If
you are of another opinion and would like to offer another storage limit please do so! As it will take quite a while until we have 250 users I think I could even go with 1gb/user (as most wont even use their full storage anyway)^^ If a user specifically needs more storeage I will add it upon request. I do by no means intend to keep ppl from contributing to the cloud. Not at all! I also wont hesitate to expand the total cloud storage if need be. It's just that this will be non profit thus the money comes from my pocket alone (Im a mere student) and possible donations. Really interested on what ppl say about this :)

Last edited:
Sweet :) we could also host tutorials as pdf there or videos to keep them from decaying at otland^^

Question:
Do you think 500mb/user are sufficient as a start?

Resources are scarce and so is money. As a start to see how much space the cloud will acctually use I intended to start with a 250gb cloud space at ~500mb/user. Most files that are gonna be uploaded are very small (size)(mostly scripts). Datapacks (~? Mb) and maps (~20-50mb) are a bit bigger. Anyway I think this would be a good number to start with. If
you are of another opinion and would like to offer another storage limit please do so! As it will take quite a while until we have 250 users I think I could even go with 1gb/user (as most wont even use their full storage anyway)^^ If a user specifically needs more storeage I will add it upon request. I do by no means intend to keep ppl from contributing to the cloud. Not at all! I also wont hesitate to expand the total cloud storage if need be. It's just that this will be non profit thus the money comes from my pocket alone (Im a mere student) and possible donations. Really interested on what ppl say about this :)
500 megs is a good start, however a better idea would be to extract the contents of the files onto the cloud and run a script that lists the contents of each upload, while running another script that checks the contents of each script / source etc...

This way when someone uploads something & the files are scanned when you extract the contents you can remove the duplications, it might seem excessive but in the long run it will save you on space and keep you organized at the same time. :)

If they want to download something you can compress the contents and download the whole directory or just the file.

500 megs is a good start, however a better idea would be to extract the contents of the files onto the cloud and run a script that lists the contents of each upload, while running another script that checks the contents of each script / source etc...

This way when someone uploads something & the files are scanned when you extract the contents you can remove the duplications, it might seem excessive but in the long run it will save you on space and keep you organized at the same time. :)

If they want to download something you can compress the contents and download the whole directory or just the file.
Haha I cant follow you quite there mate xD So you are describing a way of avoiding duplicate files? Also datapacks will be downloadble as .rar (already compressed) to save space :)

It's nice to have a cloud storage, but this storage will get eaten up right away and as you said it is your money you will be using initially.
This is why it is important to plan & test how all this data will be stored.

Back