• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What about food?

MutantAssassin

Solutions
Reaction score
I was wondering... Tibia has always offered a great variety of food. But they all work the same way, each one simply prevents you from getting hungry for a certain amount of time. It doesn't matter if your character is only eating the same food over and over. Doesn't it get sick because of the lack of any vitamin? Or at least get pissed off for eating always the same thing? Not only the food system of Tibia is poor, but also had become irrelevant nowadays, as everyone is high level and can easily buy potions.
So, I was wondering... Has anyone ever thought of a richer food system? Something more interesting and realistic, but still simple enough to fit in Tibia?

Cheers,

Assassina Mutante.

i have the food system you talking about on my server i feel the same way as you do :p

The MMORPG "One hour one life" has a pretty interesting food system, where you stack a "yummy" bonus by eating diverse food, a stackable trait which makes you less hungry. (Which in this particular game is crucial, and makes you able to do other labor than maintaining food rations).

For Tibia, adapting it into a motivation system might be more relevant, when you are not motivated, you may do things half arsed and deal reduced damage, or gain reduced experience, while when your motivated, you are more prepared for a fight, yield more experience by slaying creatures.

I have a different food system, your character needs to:

Eat: Made lot of different type of food that grant buffs:

examples: Troll slayer cake. Gives +100% damage to Trolls, Cookie of Sudden Death protection +20% protection to SD.

Food can also give effects like: Lifedrain,Manadrain,stun,disarm,sleep,fear,critical damage from behind...etc

Many food require ingredients that need to be harvest and have to be prepared and made by chefs ( players with Cooking skill)

Merged it with fishing, players can catch tons of special fishes, treasures, messages in a bottle, etc.

Even fish special runes with charges that can summon powerful creatures/pets.

Drink: A variety of drinks such as water (mostly) also milk in order to get calcium because if your character gets low on calcium it can get inguried easily getting into dungeon holes and such.

Players gotta milk the cows/goats.

Get Nutrients: Lets say you eat a pizza it will stuf your character but it has no Nutrients / Vitamines at all.

So the healthier the food the more nutrients it has.

Oh also food rots overtime, a tomato will end up rotting, if a player eats it he can get poisoned / diseases.

It looks like the typical brainstorm-wall of text but is not, @Ultbia have developed most of it already, we ran tests from time to time.

Last edited:
Back