• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What did people do with their old, great servers?

Ftilt

Intermediate OT User
Reaction score
I've been enjoying tibia so little lately & just thought of how there were so many great ots that disappeared and what could have possibly happened that the owners never sold/shared their files? I would love to someoen randomly see this, remember "oh i have rise of abaddon files" and just throw it online after getting a community funded server or some shit

Few immediate things

Outdated files can be unstable, abused by players and be a lot of work to maintain. It's usually better to remake the files using better practices and newer engine but that can be overwhelming and is probably a big reason why not so many are remade.

People also lose interest and lose their files. With no idea that people would want them in 10 years.

Someones trash could be someone elses blessing :D i'd kill for the 8.1 deathzot files to just play with my homie or run the project for a few ppl

Im still waiting for Sinteria 7.4/7.6 to come out.

Im still waiting for Sinteria 7.4/7.6 to come out.

Not gonna happen. The datapack was edited so much that it doesn't resemble the original anymore. Later it was sold. Only way to recover the map would be rewatching youtube and rebuilding the map tile by tile.

Other never released datapacks were very likely deleted or lost with os reinstalls/hdd faults. Someone who leaves ot scene for good doesn't need the files anymore. Doesn't mean he'll share either.

Each person has their own reason. We also never instaured the culture of "paying back to community once we stop using". People just sell/hand off to someone close.

I also believe this has bad potential of dividing more the community. More bases means someone would have too git compare the whole thing (which may have legacy code) and identify all the changes and improvements and make several PRs to tfs/openserverbr. Don't know anyone who would be willing to do such a heavy work (I did it for my past server, Empire) but it's too much work and you need to have some sort of version control otherwise is even harder.

If no one does that, the owner who's quitting won't do either and more people would go for the base driven by content instead of feature based. This means new bases and copys of that server would arise, people would try to make money out of the former player base regardless if the core is still stable or not.

Back