• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What do you love the most about custom map OTServers?

bapciani

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I am really passionate about mapping and got some money to invest in creating an OTServer as a passion project.

Beforehand, I'm trying to make some "market research" let's say :D

So, what do you love the most about custom map OTServers?

And what do you hate the most?

The more detailed the answers the better!

Kind regards!

like the creativity sometimes the map are quite well made of you can easily see the quality and effort that have been put in made the map, only sometimes....
What I have most is that very often they ar baiak map full of tp rooms for Hun only 1 mob by spawn

and got some money to invest in creating an OTServer as a passion project.

That already sounds great as long as you don't expect return on investment other than maybe to cover server costs.

Because the absolute worst of the worst kinds of servers are the ones who exist solely for profit.
Everything from mapping to gameplay design to interaction with the staff suffers when all everyone thinks of is "How will this bring maximum money".

The fact that you get rewarded for exploring the world. A quest chest or a awesome spawn that is not that clear

May i ask how much you will invest?

And what do you hate the most?
Big maps that has every spawn for every lvl (for example there is 6 cities that has 1 rotworm spot in each city, 1 mino castle in each city, etc
what do you love the most about custom map OTServers?
When cities are based on "stage" lvls, like 1st city for 8-50, 2nd city that requires some quests/boss kills is for 50-100, 3rd city that requires giving items/quests/boss kills/mysteries etc
I am talking about tibia custom ots, not tibia-like custom projects (arcani,blacktalon etc)

I like when custom maps give you the feeling of when you first played real tibia for the first days. Yea, most are well aware of all the content like spells/monsters and such but you can still manage to deliver similar if the map and story align well, the balance between exp/skill/loot rate should be accounted for when developing the server (map) to achieve this.

I don't like maps that look fun and maybe interesting to try out when they are poorly mapped/designed because you know what's to come..

For me it's all about exploration and finding secrets. Also I love small cities/depots.

Back