• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What does your ideal server look like?

SeeingBlue

Reaction score
I wonder what everyone would like to see in their ideal server.
What would make your server unique?
What features would you have?

For me, I played 6+ years of RL Tibia but it was mostly a social experience and never reached level 100. So I missed a lot of content.
So my ideal server would contain these features:

• Staged XP rates.
    • I don't have time to level at the regular rate, but I don't want to be handled a max level character either. Get me quickly to 100+
  • No static vocations.
    • I want to mix and match the skills. No need to limit this.
  • Increased death penalty for PvP, decreased death penalty for PvE
    • Sorry, but death should hurt, and should matter, but I'm not so heartless to punish you for every PvE mistake.
  • Significant changes to the skull system.
    • Either a bounty system, decreased skills for serial killers, police/jail system, or nothing but community policing?
  • Plenty of hidden quest, secrets, and things to discover.
    • It's my opinion that hidden quest and secrets keep players interested and exploring.
  • Allow luring
    • I never lured, but honestly it produced some of the most exhilarating experiencing for me. GS in venore anymore?
  • Allow character blocking again.
    • With a revamp of the skull system, this issue should resolve itself.
  • Easier resources(Mana, health, runes, ammo)
    • Dont have time anymore to worry about gathering resources, I just want to experience the game. Lets make it easier to use and manage potions, runes, and ammo. I want to focus on exploring the game.
  • Real 7.* map + additional content
    • I want the 7.72 experience but with increased rates, I need more content. Plus not everyone want to play the same game again.

So that's the gist of my ideal server. Any other good ideas? Don't like something or don't think it will work?

My fvourite
7.7 tibia client from realots. but adding custom city and revamping spawns.
Also new monsters and items.
New quests must be added aswell
Exprate must be midrate and ending on 2x

I guess if the XP rate is medium to high and Death penalty is large on your experience, then maybe skill loss should be very low to non in pvp.

Tibera all time favorite server.
Edited Evolutions map with alot of features taken from RL-tibia.
Annih, Poi, INQ etc.

Custom advanced quests
Big, well detailed hunting grounds.
Smooth mix between TP server and RPG, it should be possible to get back to city from a hunting ground by simply walking.
Mid exp, highest level around 400

Client: 8.6

There you have it.

No static vocations.
Do you mean a character would have hp of knight, mana of mage, learn every spell and excel every skill?

My ideal server... would have two starter cities, Thais and Carlin. Both would loot different types of equipment in different type of creature dungeons. Maybe even different spell teachers. There would be no boat and the road between very dangerous.

Dwarf bridge would be orc bridge. The whole land to the east orc territory. Beholders would still rule AB. Venore would be a wasteland full of dragons and giant spiders. West of orc bridge towards Carlin would be Mad Mage Valley, home to warlocks, witches etc.

It could start out with only Thais and 100% death loss as a test. Going to 40% death loss. Experimenting with legendary powers such as complete invisibility and convincing unlimited amount of dragons.

Of course different quests and hidden spell scrolls.

Spell scrolls allow any vocation to learn a specific spell. You could have a paladin with energy wave. But it would be rare.

This is basically a description of how I imagine Tibia -4.0, not client or graphics but map and gameplay. Digging stuff up to see how things played out.

No skulls. Creatures could be lured freely across the land. Cities would have drawbridges for defence.

No tasks or collecting creature products, it only makes me play more and keeps me online longer without giving more fun. That's just not healthy.

reusable arrows
double hit firesword
exiva doesn't say higher or lower, above or below
summons turn wild on logout
sniping from higher floors
no pz

Concept 2:
war server with max level limit
high rates, easy exp+ gold, runes in shop
7.x pvp-e but faster, ideally inferna paced (no exhaust, all runes work like uh)
custom maps with some nice quests and houses

skilled pvp in relaxed, friendly environment that takes little time to enjoy

your city idea is very fun, i played years ago on Ultima Online server, where the other cities were captured by monsters and playerbase was shrinked to 3 cities ;)

I often times find I enjoy completely custom servers in any format. IE: Servers made by Death and Synthetic, Fenris while it was in Beta, Avatar OT. Just having a different feeling than playing the standard bone game.

Im building the type of server id like to play.
Rookgaard as a base map, customized and added onto about 4x in size.

Quests in many ranging forms from simple interactions in hunting spawns to trigger a thematic event/boss/ambush/entrance to deeper hunting grounds to the usual rpg-questlines for actual roleplaying/discovery and secrets hints. I really like the idea of overdoing the amount of interactions, click on shit and stuff should happen.

Randomized/rolled tiered loot, simple but rewarding.

3 vocations, knight, rogue and mage.

Knight sword and board or two hander.
Rogue bow and dual wield daggers.
Mage wand and spellbook or magically conjured sword and board.

Spells unlocked on reaching their level with appropriate notification and usage transparency.
Spells created more like a Diabloesque class.
Knight - defensive/offensive auras, offensive single target, or aoe offensive with a two hander, cc like pushback, push creature taunts and shieldbash stuns when you use a shield.
Rogue - actual vayne tumble like invis, poisoned weapons, backstab/sneak bow crits and utility based spells (haste, cripple/hamstring, decoy)
Mage - healing and offensive magic, the aoe class. More interesting spells like novas, teleport, turn to stone (zhonyaesque?), shield allies etc

Deathloss I havnt quite settled on a system yet.
Currently its 1-2 pieces of equipment can be attuned and you dont drop them, everything else can drop. Pvp death exp loss is reduced by alot, but your bankbalance and house goldstash is totalled and a % drops on death, store your gold as decoration or equipment to mitigate losses but also means for difficulty in liquidating.

Procedurally generated dungeon area for endgame content.

Once you throw the tibia anchors away the engine itself is quite plyable. The only thing I enjoy about tibia today is the nostalgia and recognisability of rookgaard which is why i like it as a basemap, just 20 years into the future, half destroyed and being overrun from the creatures from outside the walls.

Throw all this in a webclient and you have a game that Ive been wanting to play for aggggggeeess.

Last edited:
I really like luring and wild summons on log out.

Are there any posts on how to edit the sources for this actually?

The server that interested me the most when I started with OT's was "Rox666"
The server had teleports and fast leveling, enough to get to level 300 quickly
it also had very unique systems back then, such as a "boss lever" which when you pulled you summoned an orshabaal, then you could fight it until you defeated, and you would be able to pull the lever again

I wonder what everyone would like to see in their ideal server.
What would make your server unique?
What features would you have?

For me, I played 6+ years of RL Tibia but it was mostly a social experience and never reached level 100. So I missed a lot of content.
So my ideal server would contain these features:

• Staged XP rates.
    • I don't have time to level at the regular rate, but I don't want to be handled a max level character either. Get me quickly to 100+
  • No static vocations.
  • Increased death penalty for PvP, decreased death penalty for PvE
    • Sorry, but death should hurt, and should matter, but I'm not so heartless to punish you for every PvE mistake.
  • Significant changes to the skull system.
    • Either a bounty system, decreased skills for serial killers, police/jail system, or nothing but community policing?
  • Plenty of hidden quest, secrets, and things to discover.
    • It's my opinion that hidden quest and secrets keep players interested and exploring.
  • Allow luring
    • I never lured, but honestly it produced some of the most exhilarating experiencing for me. GS in venore anymore?
  • Allow character blocking again.
    • With a revamp of the skull system, this issue should resolve itself.
  • Easier resources(Mana, health, runes, ammo)
    • Dont have time anymore to worry about gathering resources, I just want to experience the game. Lets make it easier to use and manage potions, runes, and ammo. I want to focus on exploring the game.
  • Real 7.* map + additional content
    • I want the 7.72 experience but with increased rates, I need more content. Plus not everyone want to play the same game again.

So that's the gist of my ideal server. Any other good ideas? Don't like something or don't think it will work?
  • XP rates - its not a solution. A lot of ppl stick to "levels" but you can change everything, level requirements and pros of having lvl x,y,z and with that you can create something unique without trying to implement your ideas on basic tibia concept.
  • Probably it will end up like this: everyone pick same skills because of their "strength" and everyone will be the same.
  • Death penalty should go together with progressing, if advancing to next level is hard, then penalty should be lower etc. About PvE/PvP penalties, think about this twice. Monsters do not get better/stronger because of your death, item/xp loss. Other players do. So, is it ok to punish players more in pvp and make others stronger?
  • Totally depends on server type. You can punish players that PKs too much, put guards, set non pvp areas or pvp areas.
  • Agree.
  • We had some examples of luring on RA and people were mad that some other guys lure monsters...
  • What do you mean by character blocking? No swaps/going through friendly traps?
  • There will be point when you reach the final, unless its random generated world without limits. So having restrictions on resources is understandable, you dont reach the final point too fast.
  • I dont understand where is the fun on playing ancient clients but its up to you 👍

• There will be point when you reach the final, unless its random generated world without limits. So having restrictions on resources is understandable, you dont reach the final point too fast.

is it just me or is one of the best end-game features barely maintaining that balance between life and death while pulling as many mobs as possible?

* I dont need anything Unique. All I want is a server that is well thought out and a server that has features that works with each other that makes sence. Know what im saying?

Just what RL was in 7.X-8.X or even 9.X but with a reimagined map/world. No need for fancy new systems or features.

As same as Tibia Dark Wide was. Even single Player could achieve legendarny things, and back in its times had really advances solutions for system of enchanting weapons, luck system, bonus exp... For curious visit my old advert topic 😉

• Either a blend of the 7.4 graphics with newer ones, or completely new graphics, but outfits should be in 7.4 style
  • Old-school gameplay (level contributes to magic damage, no hotkeys, old death %, classic exhaust, luring, no ghosting, no stackable runes, etc)
  • Elemental system... one of the few good things that the newer versions of tibia introduced in my opinion
  • Refreshed magic system with new spells ... I'd like a blend of the old magic system with the new one (in the old one most instant spells are useless outside select situations, and new one makes sorcerers overpowered AF, so somewhere between the two)
  • Fixed 2x exp / skills ... really dislike stages
  • "Custom-pvp" ... where most of the map is non-pvp, but there are certain areas where pvp is allowed (including some that contain the best hunting spots in the game)
  • Semi-custom map ... moreso than what medivia is nowadays, I'd like a very customized global map that has lots of new areas while at the same time conserving the "feel" of the original map
  • Zero tolerance for cheating
  • Market ... but sellers are charged a 25% fee, to encourage direct player-to-player trading while still having the convenience of a market
  • New vocations

Back