• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What happened to the OT community?

Cornex

Web Developer
Staff member
Global Moderator
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello guys/girls!

I wonder what happened to the OT community?
We got an awesome community until kids (lpe95,gamersdont... etc) came and fked it up.
Attention horny bitc*es!

Well, i missing the oldstyle tibia community, fair and nice members..

Well my message is, hail old tibia community. This shit have make me retired..
Only kids who compete against each other who can DdoS best of them ..
90% of them who make ots are download and run shit for getting some money.
This destroy for them who really put alot of work in their project.

I also see that ppls are hard against these days.. "Your mother is suc* my di*k.. (This is something i never saw for 4~ years ago)
Well, an "good" ot can give pretty much amount of money, in that way we got this hard competition..

Peoples get greedy this days also, in that way they just gonna "ddos" and "hack" others servers.

Well, keep going this way and i think OT/tibia community have goes at hell.
We got many members here on OTLand who are really pr0. They will get retired someday, and 90% of the new users are not willing to learn script and more. So when all these guys who can this shit go retired, there will be problem.

Maybe we need to increase the opportunities to learn to script (Php,lua,c++ .. etc)
What i mean, there are many great guys who try ty help so much they can, (In support board) In many case they have "done" their OT after all support.
Peoples post problem after problem.. ( Many of them have been solved before) It is only showing that the new generation can not even search!?!
One thing that i have not also that is the peoples who get this help, can't even thanks for it.. Peoples thieves anothers script and try selling them etc. (No offense, Tonks!?!)

Saaap, the guys who have been here since 2007-2009 know what i talking about.. (Hope so )

Over and out, an retired man!

King regards
Hail OTLand

... After 5 years on OTLand... I never belive for 5 years ago it will go into this way. (Then i had cancel my account)
This is not an hate against mods/admins. The most mods are great and fair.

Last edited:
Well good luck to you bro and it's all true... People have wondered this for a long time but well, Tibia will never be like what it was back then...

Meh this is a new acc, n i was around back in 08. But, it hasnt changed that much tbh, just the tolerance has been lessened for some reason.

Well think of it like this. When you started/most of us the OTs were alot more simple. The XML server is so easy and you were here when things started to get more advanced therefor its easier for you to learn while its still changing. A new member these days gets in to alot more complicated stuff then you did when you first started. It was alot more easiter to understand the files/XML ots back then. There for they just think its messy/hard/advanced but since people here actually released this stuff they must be good at it. So instead of reading so much and trying to understand the whole server and why things happends in script an such you can easily just ask someone here for help. They dont learn anything but they get their problem fixed.

What I'm trying to say is that back in the days it was much easiter to understand what you were doing and it took less time to learn.

Oh you should have seen it back in the Era before OTFans ;D

I remember we where 5 people hosting an old swedish OT :D

When you where online you asked the old hoster to send the files and you hosted it as long as you could ^^.

Been here since 09 according to my second account. XML servers were child's play. Now you atleast need half a brain to setup a server, but too many tutorials changed that and gave people like lpe the opportunity to start up a server.

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot to add, the Tutorial and Support section on this forum and others "killed" Open Tibia. It gave people with zero knowledge the opportunity to start up a server and fix their bugs so they could run it. If it didn't exist, only quality servers would exist. Just saying, think about it:)

Last edited:
Well i made a tutorial also a tutorial list and it seems low amount cares.. The tutorial part is full of topics with questions and such like a wannabe support part. To end this sites should stop supporting download an run servers or botters same with otlist etc. And maybe instead of giving away scripts, or give someone with 0,0 knowledge scripts on requests for repp that we first teach them basics etc. Also i do not think its getting advanced then in previous time it is still the same except with more options like lua functions or things in xml like cooldown in scripts

Haha yh i rememer when uptimes were averaged about 80% and 99% of the ots didnt have a site it was just 1/1 and no dinations. People hosted as long as they could per day and charged nothing. Now everyone wants a vps that can hold 500+ players and charges £50000000 a month so they put items and cash in shop and realise they make £500000 and suddenly they realise they can cut their hosting costs by going cheap for 10-20 a month just so tey can make a profit.

No one makes a server for the game anymore. Imo it was rohan that fucked it. He turned ots into a business and now every motherfcker wants to profit the same. And everyone wants their own server so no one joins a good project, and we get to 90000 projects and 5 teams. It makes it tedious and wasteful to develop a server and therefore projects collapse.

Best ot i played - firemiro. V small map, was just pvp, me and this other random guy ruled it. Killing teams of 5-10 ppl and we were only ever 2. The map was so small you knew every advantage point, trap zone there was..

Ots like that were fun.. Then it suddenly vanished - hoping itd be back but it never did come back.
Now all the ots hae websites with shops and half/cheap done systems and necer reach full completion.
We're all just getting bored. But we have een ever since 08ish.

There needs to be a major change to the way we do things.. I suggest you all try and help te development of otclient.

Haha yh i rememer when uptimes were averaged about 80% and 99% of the ots didnt have a site it was just 1/1 and no dinations. People hosted as long as they could per day and charged nothing. Now everyone wants a vps that can hold 500+ players and charges £50000000 a month so they put items and cash in shop and realise they make £500000 and suddenly they realise they can cut their hosting costs by going cheap for 10-20 a month just so tey can make a profit.

No one makes a server for the game anymore. Imo it was rohan that fucked it. He turned ots into a business and now every motherfcker wants to profit the same. And everyone wants their own server so no one joins a good project, and we get to 90000 projects and 5 teams. It makes it tedious and wasteful to develop a server and therefore projects collapse.

Best ot i played - firemiro. V small map, was just pvp, me and this other random guy ruled it. Killing teams of 5-10 ppl and we were only ever 2. The map was so small you knew every advantage point, trap zone there was..

Ots like that were fun.. Then it suddenly vanished - hoping itd be back but it never did come back.
Now all the ots hae websites with shops and half/cheap done systems and necer reach full completion.

There needs to be a major change to the way we do things.. I suggest you all try and help te development of otclient.

Reading this brought back my memories of the old days. Back when ot's were fun.
I think my favorite map name was 'Illusions' or something? I can't remember much about it, but that map was the funnest shit I've played.

Well once I get into the Navy, I should be making enough money, so all I'd need is a team of people to make an OT with/without me and I could purchase a good Dedicated at little to no expense (most likely a place that would have military discount :D )

Well once I get into the Navy, I should be making enough money, so all I'd need is a team of people to make an OT with/without me and I could purchase a good Dedicated at little to no expense (most likely a place that would have military discount :D )

gotta luv dem military discounts.. in uk we get tax free purchases too ;D (if we buy through their name ofc xd)

gotta luv dem military discounts.. in uk we get tax free purchases too ;D (if we buy through their name ofc xd)

We just ask "You take military discounts?" If they say yes, then we show them our military ID (mine is my DEPS (Delayed Entry Program Service)) and then that's it...

I didn't readed all posts above, but one post about "half brains", "xml servers" and "everything was easier back then" made me laugh.

- I can say only one thing: everything is same today, if you have brains, you will setup your server no matter what, but if you're lazy dumbass, you will bark around asking for help and you won't learn a thing, because you know that someone else will do it for you.

I never asked help from anyone when I had problems by developing my first server emulator project. I used google all the time and I managed to learn JAVA/C# in that way.

So, please dear people, stop being assholes and do something by yourself.

I didn't readed all posts above, but one post about "half brains", "xml servers" and "everything was easier back then" made me laugh.

- I can say only one thing: everything is same today, if you have brains, you will setup your server no matter what, but if you're lazy dumbass, you will bark around asking for help and you won't learn a thing, because you know that someone else will do it for you.

I never asked help from anyone when I had problems by developing my first server emulator project. I used google all the time and I managed to learn JAVA/C# in that way.

You seemed to have missed OTLand a few years back... I think by the experience that you have here on the community is not enough to back up your statement, I'll admit, my first server, download and run, then get on here and ask for help with certain kinds of scripts, come back a few hrs later with it perfectly done, no work required. Now, a lot of those people left or people charge to do that kind of stuff and people these days are being scamming little cheap-shits (no offense to anyone in particular) and it is harder to get things done when most of the tutorials that are from back in the 8.0-8.60 scripts and such.

You can quote and why did my post make you laugh? You backed up my argument just now.

You don't need tutorials. You just need to experiment. :D

Those who arn't smart enough or are completly new to the OT world won't know where to even begin... It's like math, unless you just need to take: 1+1=2 then yeah you don't need a tutorial but when you got a problem like so:
Random Math Problem said:
Jimmy had 12 Crayons, each measuring X in lenght, after breaking 3 crayons in 1/2 pieces, he broke two of those 1/2 pieces into 1/3's, after that, Jimmy took one of the 1/3 pieces and drew until it was down to 1/8th of it's original size, what was the original size of that crayon?
It's actually somewhat literally like that...

Agree, and bots killed the game so its all abut kids botting up to playerkill with the ingame "CIPbot".

Instead of seeing one great person quit after another, we should do something.
Im not sure what, but it would take everyones will to once again get a great community.

And CorneX, don't leave... :(

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

Back