• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What happened to the OT community?

Those who arn't smart enough or are completly new to the OT world won't know where to even begin... It's like math, unless you just need to take: 1+1=2 then yeah you don't need a tutorial but when you got a problem like so:

It's actually somewhat literally like that...

Well, whatever. Maybe it's just my understanding of "world". Maybe it depends on people.

Smart person will find a way to understand how something works, not smart will use someone else to do the job, because he's not capable to understand.

So, at the moment, ot community is full of not smart people.

Well, whatever. Maybe it's just my understanding of "world". Maybe it depends on people.

Smart person will find a way to understand how something works, not smart will use someone else to do the job, because he's not capable to understand.

So, at the moment, ot community is full of not smart people.

Which is why tutorials are a MUST

Agreed with Statik, the Internet put impacted not only the OT Community but today's youth as well. Before on OTs it would be like..

"Random Guy asks a noob question like.. Where do I go lvl?"
"Experienced player answers nicely telling him directions and such."

Nowadays....

"Random Guy asks a a noob question."
"Experienced player answers.. LOL YOU'RE SUCH A NOOB OMG I TROLL YOU BRO OMG HAHAHA SUCH A NOOB."

The internet fucked everything up, no way to get old ways back.. Sad but true.

Agreed with Statik, the Internet put impacted not only the OT Community but today's youth as well. Before on OTs it would be like..

"Random Guy asks a noob question like.. Where do I go lvl?"
"Experienced player answers nicely telling him directions and such."

Nowadays....

"Random Guy asks a a noob question."
"Experienced player answers.. LOL YOU'RE SUCH A NOOB OMG I TROLL YOU BRO OMG HAHAHA SUCH A NOOB."

The internet fucked everything up, no way to get old ways back.. Sad but true.

Actually that's a rare case, trust me, I've been there, I've done that and I've done it long enough to know the truth...

Usually it starts out with "Where to level" then "How to get there" then "Do you have money/items I could get?" then "HALP PK" or "Plz help me get items, I deid!", it's a constant hassle on the experienced players for the new people to be doing that, usually you get about 5-10 people doing that all day everyday, people just need to learn when to stop being greedy and start giving back...

Actually that's a rare case, trust me, I've been there, I've done that and I've done it long enough to know the truth...

Usually it starts out with "Where to level" then "How to get there" then "Do you have money/items I could get?" then "HALP PK" or "Plz help me get items, I deid!", it's a constant hassle on the experienced players for the new people to be doing that, usually you get about 5-10 people doing that all day everyday, people just need to learn when to stop being greedy and start giving back...

Yeah, But its not hard to say no to the items or "I'm hunting" to the HALP PK. But I hear you, it does get tiring when your a high level and get spammed.

Yeah, But its not hard to say no to the items or "I'm hunting" to the HALP PK. But I hear you, it does get tiring when your a high level and get spammed.

Exactly, and what leads the noob to troll other noobs is the fact that because of the experienced player, he knows the best spawns and usually has good items because of the help he recieved and decides to boast about it...

- - - Updated - - -

Especially since at one point regularly the experienced player will get tired of him and ignore him or quit or go do smthn else

Brings back memories to Tibiafun, was a great server. Nothing like that these days.

Sad I only got to experience the good days of OtS for a short period of time.
Sad that it went so fast also.

this human in lure money, im hunt this,he think deading otland but nonono exura poffpoff im survival

@up
very old quote from random noob on real tibia

@pronde~
Kids took over and started to make shitty download & run ots'es,nothing else.

even if you make good datapack none is going to use it before they notice its success and possibility to make money
Some guys tried to make epic rpg ot, but everyone forgot what real ot fun is by failing simple things
there are two types of servers these days: real/evo made to make money, everyone plays it because everyone knows it, everyone enjoys it and leaves some days later and second type: rpg prototype usually ending in alpha/beta due to lack of interested players - everyone is posting that he's going to play, but none really plays it later - admins try to make it awesome by many quests and custom systems forgetting simplest things which made otservers awesome in karmia/yur times when points shop scripts wasn't available

What happened to OT? The simplest and broadest explanation is: Everyone became greedy and lazy, or lost interest. :p

Last edited:
Back