• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What is allowed and what isn't allowed on otland?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Source

Veteran OT User
Reaction score
GitHub
source61
Just curious, is Patreon allowed for everyone? What about bounties for OT software other than TFS? Are "reverse bounties" allowed, such as asking for x amount to release an open source fix to some OT software?

I'm also really curious about your rules on websites in signatures since my signature has been cleared 2-3 times now even though I'm not linking to anything commercial or that accepts trading of any kind.
Your rules don't seem to say anything against it, it basically says links to non-commercial websites are allowed in signatures, and even Mark himself said back in the days when he was still active that otland doesn't care about competition and won't censor anyone for competition, see his post here: Complaint - Advertisement thread deleted? (https://otland.net/threads/advertisement-thread-deleted.223318/#post-2146107)
So why did all of my threads get deleted and signature cleared, even the thread to just my discord server, when there's nothing commercial on the discord server or any of my websites?
Has otland changed its stance, and all forms of "competition" i.e. other forums is no longer allowed? Kinda sounds like a recipe for totalitarianism if nobody's allowed to advertise their discord or websites anymore?

PS: Tried taking it up in PMs, never got an answer about Mark's post and otland's official stance on this vs a private stance only taken against some people in private.

Last edited:
Onlyfans is probably allowed 🤔

What was in your signature and topics that were deleted?

My current signature was removed once or twice, I added it back.
I also had a signature once to my new open tibia wiki/forum website focused on collab organizing open tibia information and linking to all open tibia websites, open tibia server lists, etc, which was also removed along with 2 threads, one about the website, one about the discord.

My current signature was removed once or twice, I added it back.
I also had a signature once to my new open tibia wiki/forum website focused on collab organizing open tibia information and linking to all open tibia websites, open tibia server lists, etc, which was also removed along with 2 threads, one about the website, one about the discord.
That's weird they'd remove that... Can you pm me some of that info?

Not sure I'm allowed to, still no response from staff here, but you can find my discord in my signature link.

You've been warned two times, and you've had a discussion in PMs with an administrator about this.
Is it really not clear to you? Or do you just want to stir up drama?

What Mark said, was back in 2014. This is 2020. Things change. Rules change.
We can't have written rules for everything, that's one of the reasons why we have a team of moderators on this forum. My advice to you is to listen what you've been told in PMs by said administrator, since that's the final verdict.

You've been warned two times, and you've had a discussion in PMs with an administrator about this.

We can't have written rules for everything, that's one of the reasons why we have a team of moderators on this forum. My advice to you is to listen what you've been told in PMs by said administrator, since that's the final verdict.
Ok but you gonna keep those rules in secret or you will reveal it to the peasants?

Have been banned for posting link of otcv8 forgotten server sources bcus someone needed them to help me

Honestly what you used to be allowed to do vs now kind of sucks.. The mods they've accepted nowadays are just idiots

100%

I didnt even know that its not allowed to do what I have wrote up
Instead of warning me or telling me its not allowed
I get banned

@Kaspar
Almost nothing on this forum is clear, rules change, often without even being edited, like women fashion.
I just wanted a clear answer, if Don could've just manned up and said "I don't care what Mark said 6 years ago, we don't support advertements of alternative open tibia communities at all, even in your signature!" I'd be completely satisfied, I just want you guys to say it as it is instead of weaseling around and act defensive anytime anyone ask you a question like we're back in Soviet Russia or something where everything's offensive, especially asking questions.

So what rules has changed since then?

Seems like this part has changed from Mark's post about moving forward:

"We need to start working together to move forward."

When other communities and projects which are great for the open tibia community gets censored

Last edited:
Can we make a new rule for mods that just ban people that make "rl projects"
leonardo dicaprio laughing GIF

How fucking far do you want to stretch for that? Either make the rule official and put it in there or dont enforce it.

Am I going to have to guess what is against the rules now?

The last official statement was back in 2014 because that's when otland had decent communication, all it is now is 20 something year olds on a power trip.
The only communication that I see is negative communication from staff.

It has never been an issue for people to make their own site for open tibia communities, or advertise them. It isn't them dividing the community. Its otland staff and their toxic fucking attitude. In all the years I've been here, otland is at its worst and it's sad to see.

My opinion, I assume we can still have opinions on otland right? Or are they being silenced?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back