• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What is the easiest way to compile an otclient?

kab

guwno
Reaction score
What is the easiest way to compile an otclient?
I'm a complete layman, is there any easy way to compile an otclient? Is there any step by step tutorial or anything like that?

I tried using msvc but i got too much warnings and they really looked like errors, therefore i got worried and didn't continue using the .exe generated.

Why do you recommend c::b ?

Simply because it's lightweight and much easier to obtain and configure when compared to visual studio.

Personally I use Netbeans for C/C++ but there is not tutorial on how to compile using it I recommend codeblocks.

there's going to be warnings regardless of what compiler you decide to use, since otc isn't frequently updated and no one wants to fix the 999999999999 warnings

@_ferrari_ so c::b is very easy to compile?

@Static_ so none of those warnings will interfer in the otclient.exe performance? I got all this errors, please take a look in just a few of them, just to get sure <3 thanks

Prefer to look the warnings that has more than 1 line please

Attachments

@_ferrari_ so c::b is very easy to compile?

@Static_ so none of those warnings will interfer in the otclient.exe performance? I got all this errors, please take a look in just a few of them, just to get sure <3 thanks

Prefer to look the warnings that has more than 1 line please

I would say MSVC is going to make it a little bit easier to compile, but I have had trouble in the past with 25GB downloads and buggy stuff.

To use c::b is better, but to compile with c::b you need define the macro -DWIN32 and to change some lines of code

so, even if i compile either with msvc or c::b i will get warnings? same warnings?

so, even if i compile either with msvc or c::b i will get warnings? same warnings?

I do not know. I do not care so much about warnings, only with errors. For me if compiling is already good

Back