• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What "killed" RL Tibia for YOU?

So, it's okay to have other blessings and AOL, but not TOF? Since you would lose all blessings and AOL on death, if wasn't because of TOF.
No, other blessings also suck for the same reasons, but you asked about tof.
tof is much worse because of how it interacts with the others.

aol has its problems and becomes too cheap later on, but that can be fixed without giving a pretty much unlimited no death penalty essentially removing death from the game.

For me it happened when cip removed pvp-enforced. Good old Inferna... 😢

That partially did it for me. No more exp from PK. But the final blow came when they added the blessings (especially the 6th "pvp blessing"). Then it was no longer possible to benefit financially from PvP. Instead I had to grind PvE to get enough runes and mana pots for PvP. And the fighting lost it's charm too. There was no point in killing people anymore. I mean, why be a PKer if I couldn't get pots, runes, gear and level up from doing it? Especially when PKing made me so many enemies it was difficult hunting anything without getting chased down by all my enemies ;)

But I will never forget that feeling when I found a perfect victim, around lvl 60-70 MS or ED, killing them and looting something amazing. Then fleeing across the map for what felt like an eternity while being chased by someone twice my level- only to run down a small hole where my friends were waiting, ready with SDs, fire elementals and demon skeletons. BAM!! ... Well, sometimes it ended with an UE, and all of us died. But I mean, some of the kills we got this way were GLORIOUS!

When cipsoft removed those PvP features of the game, they basically removed the game I was playing. And I haven't found a game like that ever since.
What was your name? :) I was the leader of the best guild there if you ask me, Xenix

I loved it also, getting exp from killing players. But like you say, the blessings kinda destroyed things... It was still fun but people kept getting higher level and mainly focused on that instead of pvp. I quit during 10.98 if I remember right, too many updates mainly focused to help other world types or noobs not being able to handle the pressure from pvp-e.

So, it's okay to have other blessings and AOL
remember that if you have all blessings you don't need to wear AOL anymore because blessings now protect item loss as well...
IMO old blessings and AOL is fine.
new blessings (that include item protection) and also 2 more blessings (-16% loss) is kind of unneeded
but TF makes everything worse because it protect your character from losing the above lol

Why people complains too much about Twist of Fate blessing that prevents the AOL to drop, but never the AOL itself?
I don't get it.

I'm not defending the blessings, I don't like that idea too. I just don't understand why people think the Twist of Fate is bad and not the AOL.
Sorry for not replying, I was occupied.

Here's the first thread I ever started here on OT-land. AOL for PVE only
I totally agree with you!
But yeah, AOL was too expensive for most people low to mid lvls to wear, so it wasn't too big of an issue before bots took over, and then the twist of fate was also present so I kind of associate that with problems more than I do with the AoL.

What was your name? I was the leader of the best guild there if you ask me, Xenix

I loved it also, getting exp from killing players. But like you say, the blessings kinda destroyed things... It was still fun but people kept getting higher level and mainly focused on that instead of pvp. I quit during 10.98 if I remember right, too many updates mainly focused to help other world types or noobs not being able to handle the pressure from pvp-e.

I was never that high level, only around 60. You probably never heard of my characters
Gorgoroth Demonblade, plus some low level PK characters I dont even remember the name of.. Lost that account a looooong time ago

Last edited:
double exp/skill/loot and/or faster respawn every week or two 🤡this one caused a big discrepancy of level between casual players and addicted players

ugly mounts/outfits/furniture sets every now and then

and one thing that I don't know if I ever mentioned, but what is the point of having green/yellow battleEye worlds if tibia coins are a GLOBAL resource that can be transferred to ANY world? my point is, people that before BE got implemented, got lots of gold/TC, even thought they were "caught" and deleted, the coins are still in game and can be transferred to any NEW world

Open Tibia killed RL Tibia for me. Some custom globals are much more fun, nostalgic and bring much more fun. And you can choose which u want: fast exp, low, retro, with ou without bot, etc...

• 2005: This year, several things were implemented in order to try to reduce the pain some players caused for others. For example, luring was dramatically reduced, and the roping of creatures limited. Also, blocking by using parcels and fire fields, for example, became impossible. Ships and the pyramids in Ankrahmun were turned into protection zones and furniture kits were introduced to prevent the destruction of heavy furniture during the transport. And not to forget, soul points were added, and the fish in Tibia developed a craving for worms.
    Contentwise, the jungle of Tiquanda including Port Hope was created, as well as many new graphics, enhancing the shape of mountains and the look of water with animated waves, for example. Also, wands and rods were introduced for sorcerers and druids, and the entire magic system was revised. Being able to cast a spell was no longer dependant on your magic level from then on, but on your experience level.
  • 2006: Looting a creature became the privilege of the highest damage dealer. And in order to prevent Tibians from overworking themselves, stamina was introduced. Further, shooting runes via the battle window was implemented and the hotkey system was extended, allowing you to choose whether you would like to use an item on yourself, your target, or to select the affected area via crosshairs. Captains received the possibility to speak to more than one customer at the same time, and all characters received a questlog and a bank account.
    12 different islands were discovered west of Tiquanda, the so called Shattered Isles. They were featuring the prospering seaport Liberty Bay located on the largest island Vandura, as well as the Forbidden Islands. Several graphics were re-designed, for example, the beloved rotworms, or the four basic character outfits. New outfits and addons were introduced as well, and Ab'Dendriel received a complete makeover. Ferumbras and Morgaroth started threatening the Tibian lands this year, too. We ended 2006 with the Tibia client version 7.9.
Tibia was nice because you were able to trick players in countless ways, not to mention wikipedia didn't exist back then so all the information you had was from players back in the days. All that atsmosphere of changes that cipsoft did between minor updates left you with myths like fire devils dropping steel boots and such, with players swearing they indeed looted it.
It was an ugly 2D game but had so many mechanics you could use for fun, but when it's not the case anymore, why don't play a 3D game with the same contents?
To me, that's the exact point of the downfall.

dominando bullshit. I’m not against botting but when all spawns are owned by pa guild’s bots and their bot/farm account is way higher lvl than you because it just sits there hunting gs 24/7

I played almost from the beginning, I gave up when they added hotkeys, at this point the skill in this game stopped counting... :<

1692717991140.png

Mr Krabs Money GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Tibia turning into one of those generic mobile games designed to make you have to do microtransactions to get anywhere.
It doesn't surprise me, Tibia is an old game, mostly played by the same people who played it a few years ago. As time goes by, we have more and more money and less and less time, so such changes allow us to maintain regular character progression despite the lack of time.

What killed Tibie for me? Rather, nothing that CipSoft introduced, simply - growing up.

It doesn't surprise me, Tibia is an old game, mostly played by the same people who played it a few years ago. As time goes by, we have more and more money and less and less time, so such changes allow us to maintain regular character progression despite the lack of time.

What killed Tibie for me? Rather, nothing that CipSoft introduced, simply - growing up.

Those problems can and should be solved by changes to the game, not by introducing microtransactions.
If people have less time to play, make things less hard, make things more optional, or allow everyone to do AFK training if you're that obsessed with keeping the "traditional" gameplay no matter what.

Tibia has objectively gotten worse because CIPSoft has solved the issue of "playerbase growing up" by sucking on people's wallets like some kind of gross regensburg leech instead of doing actual game developer things you should do when you're a game developer company.

But alas. Late stage capitalism, infinite growth, shareholders and all that...

It seems to me that Tibia has evolved as they know that most players are already adults or old, and they are not children who learned about the game years ago and that many went from playing things like Counter-Strike for example. The only bad thing that they really did and totally changed the dynamics of the game were the offline trainers, absolutely everything else is improvements to bugs that they already had and the need to always continue adding new content, mechanics such as elemental weapons 7.81-8.10, they improved a lot today and you can go hunting with the element of your choice or simply with the element of the area where you are. As well as the defenses, that focus on the elements brought to me that nostalgia that Tibia 8.0 had. As soon as you could now go hunting and do more damage with a specific element, it took on a lot of meaning.

Regarding Cipsoft's sanctions, if we fully read its terms and conditions, some are quite crazy and it is seen that many are taken from another games (like WoW), especially the one in which you are not the owner of your account and that only you are completely responsible. of what you do in the game, but that you must follow its rules anyway.

Despite all this and all the changes that have happened, here we are, all old nostalgics enjoying either our own server or the servers of others, seeing how many features they can offer us. Like many others, they just wait for a Tibia update to quickly have everything new on their servers.

hotkey old time
is good time ;)

effect spells etc
they changed dmg
at some point in the game

Well said

Back