• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What passes for acceptable on here these days?

Taurus

Texass
Solutions
Reaction score
I've been a member of OTLand for a VERY long time. I've seen a lot of fads come and go. One that doesn't seem to be going anywhere is "That distro is shit", "We're sick of supporting that", etc. Give a guy a BREAK. What should I be using so that I can ask my questions and get answers instead of insults?

Seriously. Point me in the right direction, what distro, what client, what version, etc...

Trying to guess is literally the most infuriating thing I have ever tried to do. I'm just looking for a way to stay involved in a community that I have enjoyed being a part of for almost 10 years. Yet the most updated distros are "shit" apparently and no one wants to support anything (period).

I'm absolutely NOT one of those people looking for everything to be handed to me. I absolutely AM one of those people that learns from things that he uses. I have never pasted code I don't understand and I never intend to. I LOVE OPEN TIBIA. What the hell is going on with the forum tho? This used to be such a vibrant, open place to share ideas. Now I feel like an intruder any time I make a post!

Let me in on the secret! What the fuck should I be working on to not piss everyone off with my questions?

You either an elitist jerk that are entitled to work with otservers by having programming education or a clueless liabilty that only wants to leech and commit the most serious crime in the history: download and run a software!!!!

There is no middle term.

The distro you use depends entirely on what client version and type of server (custom, rl clone, 7.6, ect). Without knowing what you want how can we say a distro. Anyways for me with a custom server i just went with TFS 1.2/10.98, cant go wrong with that.

Note that TFS 1.2 is a very stable vanilla server, its not a ready to run distro with a map, quests ect. Again depends what type of server you want to make. Which is?

Note that TFS 1.2 is a very stable vanilla server, its not a ready to run distro with a map, quests ect. Again depends what type of server you want to make. Which is?

Highly depends on many things. Whatever cures winter boredom lol

Just use up-to-date 1.2 and you're home.
Good luck.

Back