• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What to look for in a host?

Caduceus

Unknown Member
Solutions
Reaction score
I am looking for suggestions on a small hosting service. What to look for, who is trusted, and basically any other info that can be given. I am currently hosting from my personal pc, for 5-10 players at most at this time. Would a vps suffice for a low population server? Any input is appreciated.

Windows 2012 R2
Seems they only offer this with their Cloud range only. I have no experience with Linux. Can I use the same .exe from my server or do I have to compile it differently?

Seems they only offer this with their Cloud range only. I have no experience with Linux. Can I use the same .exe from my server or do I have to compile it differently?
The best way would be to compile it on Linux if you use Linux.

But you can use Wine to run a executeable file on Linux.
You can read more about Wine here:
https://www.winehq.org/

I am currently using a windows OS, but I am looking to purchase a vps. Not experienced with the process. This is why I am here.

I actually gave this as @HalfAway said when I asked about it on support.

I have only checked Linux Hosting, I advice you to use Linux.

Back