• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Which is better PC or Mac?

CheckMate

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Me and my room mate are arguing about whether a PC or Mac are better.

I say PC is better, he says Mac is better.

My arguments are:

1.People are always comparing Mac to Windows Vista. Well Windows 7 is out. I have Windows 7 Professional, it's way better than Windows XP, and still maintains the cool graphics from Vista.

2. If a Mac and a PC have the exact same specs, the Mac will cost $500-$$600 more. People say that Mac has better quality, now it is changing because Mac wants to lower the price of the Mac lab top, therefore lowering its standards in general.

3. Macs hardware is really difficult to upgrade.

4. Macs have viruses. The only reason that Macs have less viruses in general are because they cannot use executable files. But because they can't use executable files they aren't very compatible with many programs.

5. People say that Macs are more secure, but:
Mac OS X was hacked in 2006 less than 30 minutes, and within 2 minutes in a contest in 2008, and within 10 seconds in 2009.
In 2008, Linux and Vista were not hacked until another day when restrictions were lowered.

6. The people from Mac are hilarious. They say, that "The transition to a Mac is easy in part because you’ll continue using the same applications you already know". Well then why would I want to switch? lol.

7. One of the reasons they say Macs are amazing is because "They Go everywhere you go." Wow get ready for some cutting edge technology, the labtop. OMG!

8. The best music ever? You can get better quality MP3s for 40-60% cheaper than Mac sells in stores. Blackberry is way better than Iphone.

9.Sure, Macs look cool. But drop them 2 feet from the ground, and they break. Take a PC, Lenovo, you can drop them from like 6 feet from the ground, and they won't scratch.

His points as to why Mac is better than PC are:

1. Mac boots up way faster than Windows.

2.You can essentially buy a Mac product sight-unseen and know you'll be happy with the quality of the display, whereas PC laptops are a huge grab bag ranging from horrendous, dim rubbish to spectacular

3. Mac OS + Windows OS, is better than just Windows OS. There is this new technology, that allows you to boot up Windows from a USB, and if a virus is ever on the Windows USB, you don't need to worry, because the Mac OS and Windows OS are on separate drives.

4. Apple doesn't load any of those random annoying system crap messages. "Please remember to update Windows" "Subscription Alert!"

5. You can rely on the fact that Mac has barely any viruses. So you don't really need a Virus Scanner.

6. Macs battery life is amazing, this is another example of quality. Where Windows runs for 4 hours, Mac can run up to 7 hours.

7. Snow Leopard is way better than Windows 7. Snow Leopard Shuts down faster than 7, it boots up faster than 7, it handles multimedia much better than 7.

8. People say that Mac is not as compatible as Windows, that is not true. Mac can handle most things that Windows 7 can.

We want to know what you think. :O

I'd prefer PC, mainly cause I'm used to it.
And that most programs are compatible widdit.

PC is better except for Vista which sucks, PC I've used all the time cant say much for Mac cause I've never used it before haha.

pc is better except for vista which sucks, pc i've used all the time cant say much for mac cause i've never used it before haha.

yes

vista
sucks
balls!
8====D

(I would know because I use it now, but not for long, cuz Windows 7 WILL BE MINE!)

Linux > MAC + Windows

And tell your friend that snow Leopard completely FAILED. It is by far the worst OSX out.

Gray Screen of Death, anyone?

Overall, Mac is better. However, PC are much more affordable.
Quality products are always expensive.

haha lmfao mac is the only harddrive in the world that can not carry any virus
but i still prefer pc
BTW:VISTA SUX

haha lmfao mac is the only harddrive in the world that can not carry any virus
but i still prefer pc
BTW:VISTA SUX

Okay there...
Macs CAN in fact carry viruses....but the likelihood of that happening is really low, unlike a PC.

Last edited:
Mac can get a virus, lol.

If you want something that is uncrashable and doesn't get virsues, LINUX.

I prefer PC to Mac. Mostly because I have only used a PC since I was around 6. As well as I have never used a Mac before.. Though, I prefer Windows XP to any other type of windows.

PC, mostly for gaming.

Mac, mostly for work or designing, and, it is also for gaming, but that would cost much for good specs..

This is my take on it,

Why PC is better:
Code:
[LIST=1]
[*]Its definately more affordable,
and more bang for your buck!

[*]You can build your own PC
[reguardless of unix, linux, etc]

[*]Many mods, features,
and unlockable things within PC that makes
exploring for a more techy person, fun!

[*]Overall the difference is the price.
[/LIST]

Why MAC is better:
Code:
[LIST=1]
[*]Quality!

[*]Smoothness!

[*]Uncrashable,
[unless your purposely do so..]

[*]Reliability

[*]Your now able to run more
windows/pc programs than ever!

[*]Price will soon be going down!
To compete with the windows market...

[*]Sleek designs, and the fact
that apple makes you
want to buy there stuff.
[/LIST]

My personal Opinion:

Mac is better once its fully
compatible with windows programs,
and the price is lowered.

Until then, ill stick to Newegg.com
and keep building my own pc's.

I most like Mac.According to me Mac is best.
1. Very easy to use.
2. No more frequent windows updates to interrupt my work
3. No need to install an anti-virus software that slows you computer.
4. A keyboard that feels wonderful – I type faster on Mac than my PC.
5. A better looking computer that is fast.

I most like Mac.According to me Mac is best.
1. Very easy to use.
2. No more frequent windows updates to interrupt my work
3. No need to install an anti-virus software that slows you computer.
4. A keyboard that feels wonderful – I type faster on Mac than my PC.
5. A better looking computer that is fast.

The problem with what your saying is. its just an opinion the facts are mac isnt nearly as customizable which means it cant compete, also I can almost safely say we are really comparing apples to oranges (literally) because if you want to decide which is better you have first determine its use. Of course mac is going to be better for doing regular consumer stuff but for the high end user that wants to do everything from run servers to video edit,CAD,Maya and if you want a computer with big cojones pc is the only way sorry mac I like your ipod though thanks for that :p

Also, Vista Sucked a few years ago, if your computer is weak vista does suck but if your computer is top tier vista is shweet :p
25 days uptime no lags. Firsthand experience.

To be honest if anyone wants, whoever has a mac that can handle benchmark programs. wanna do some side by sides? 3d mark etc? i am an avid computer tech on a computer tech forum called pcpitstop.com. I participate in the summer spring and fall pc wars its kinda cool you have a collective of pc enthusiasts come together to enter a competion to win real life prizes about 4 times a year.

To get results based on different direct x setups you would use.
3Dmark 06 Dx9
3Dmark Vantage Dx9 - Dx10

Those are benchmarking programs. if anyone wants to go side by side I accept challenges. :)
I also have an array of mem and cpu tests that can be done I think it would interesting to see what mac gamer machines do vs pc gamer machines.

Last edited:
Back