• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux Which Linux OS it's better and more stable?

Dark ShaoOz

Reaction score
  1. Debian 7.0
  2. FreeBSD 9.0
  3. Ubuntu 13.04
Aswell how much ram should be good for hosting a real server in one of those O.S?

Help please.

Last edited:
Thanks, which program can I use to manage in Debian?

Get Debian and stay away from any BSD based distros if you want to host OT server, the community support for them(here on otland) is very limited if not nonexistent.

and could you explain what do you mean with "manage debian"?

You can use putty if you want, you could even get Cygwin and just type in "ssh [email protected]". or install ssh for the windows command line.

There are many things you could do to replace Putty.

But they are easier, I mean for newers its hard to use putty i know, but something too see the files like filezilla?

Not for runing a Real Map Server.

And for Debian u can find more Guides here.

Ubuntu, there are already tutorials here on otland for ubuntu aswell as for debian. The only guide thats "new" is the one dominique did. I atleast prefer ubuntu.

My guide also can be used on Ubuntu because its based on Debian so there should be minimal problems when following it on Ubuntu.

Back