• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Who are up for minigames server?

I have nothing to lose :p

Yup, i think ill start with Mario cart. Since its a awesome game :)

I think a mario cart mini-game would be amazing!

Make it like "Mario Party". Where players are pulled into random mini-games and compete against each other.
This way, the entire server is included in each mini-game.

Otherwise your server population will be split into a bunch of different mini-games, and it is way more fun when everyone is participating in each mini-game.

I was going to attempt this with my Flatlander Mega Server but I have more fun making RPGs or survival servers. I got bored of making mini-games.

So you've only thought of the idea but haven't tested it?
You would need a constant amount of players playing the game, which would, in my opinion, be hard to maintain because of lack of activities. Chat/lounge room is not enough, it's not 20th century anymore. Bomberman on an ots engine is not a game you would spend most of your free time. A good unique rpg server is.

Prove me wrong.

But to answer your question - no, I haven't tested it.

You would need a constant amount of players playing the game, which would, in my opinion, be hard to maintain because of lack of activities. Chat/lounge room is not enough, it's not 20th century anymore. Bomberman on an ots engine is not a game you would spend most of your free time. A good unique rpg server is.

Prove me wrong.

Hall of champions had well over 50-60 players at its peak. Died out due to the owner were offline/never doing updates.

Hall of champions had well over 50-60 players at its peak. Died out due to the owner were offline/never doing updates.
When I was online there to try the server out there were like 5 other people online besides me. 3 afk and 1 in the free pvp mode (whatever it was called)

I played Hall of Champions literally every day for the whole week it was active/online before Teckman mysteriously disappeared, and there were no more than 5-6 players online at a time. (the others where afk in the pre-match room where you choose your champion)

Prove me wrong.

Hmm I see your point, I think it could definitely work, you'd need things like a reward system and things for the players to gloat to others about what they have that others don't. It would obviously need constant updating, e.g for the mario kart activity you'd want new maps maybe every few days/weekly.

Hmm I see your point, I think it could definitely work, you'd need things like a reward system and things for the players to gloat to others about what they have that others don't. It would obviously need constant updating, e.g for the mario kart activity you'd want new maps maybe every few days/weekly.
You'll never know if you don't try, but for me, personally, it's too much of an investment of my time. If the server was successful you would need a good dedicated AND motivated team (very few want to do mario kart activity maps for free with a set schedule of fixed hours per week)

Then again, it would be interesting to see such a project.

What about bots? Gesior made a war server a couple of months ago where there were fake players (bots) that joined the server if there was less than for example 40 players online and when players would log in they would take over the bots. Something similiar could work for a server with minigames, let's say there was a mario kart minigame then if there only were 2 players starting the minigame then they could have the option to add bots to play against too and they could choose how many bots they would like to play against. It takes a lot of effort and work to do functional and smart bots though but I think it would be awesome if a feature like that existed - since there probably won't be enough players online and even if there were it could be fun to just play against bots anyways.

I just trying to figure out, should the car move automatic and player should use the keyboard to change direction.

Back