• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Who is a proud SAO fan ? SAO<3

Damon

Check my status to contact me :)
Solutions
Reaction score
aotcef.jpg

I wont say I didnt love the hell out of the first half but...There were massive problems with that show...

First off, they completely ignored half the fighting that the show was capable of. It's a shame because that was what carried the show.

Second, because they tried to cram what could very easily be 3 seasons worth of content into 1 season (at the very least 2), they forced the show to accelerate itself. barely recognizing some floors and flat out skipping over dozens of other floors. Going back to the first point, the fighting is what carried the show so well and a large portion of that was the boss fights which they had far too few of. There was so much they could have done with the fighting if they just stopped and took the time to show it. Entire portions of the show were simply cut out. From a marketing stand point it was a terrible idea.

Don't get me wrong here, I'm not saying they should have turned it into the next one peice/bleach/fairy tail/naruto, I'm just saying the world that they tried so damn hard to create has gigantic holes that content just magically disappeared into. Not to mention its rather jarring to see them fight one boss and nearly get eaten alive by it and then all the sudden appear in the next ep 10 floors past the one they struggled so hard to get to without anyone of importance being gone.

Third. It goes without saying but ill say it anyway. The second half should have been another season... period...

Everyone i've talked to about it agrees to some extent. the second half took away from the first half and quite frankly it was just a long winded way to wrap up the show. There was another show famous for doing this... it was called dragon ball z, you remember right? the show were it took an entire season worth of content just to kill off the main enemy's HENCHMEN?!?!

sidenote: I'm not even gonna get into the creepy inter-family love non-sense that they threw in there because they felt like they just needed "something" after throwing so much down the drain....

Last edited:
Everyone i've talked to about it agrees to some extent. the second half took away from the first half and quite frankly it was just a long winded way to wrap up the show. There was another show famous for doing this... it was called dragon ball z, you remember right? the show were it took an entire season worth of content just to kill off the main enemy's HENCHMEN?!?!

Thats because it took a few episodes to do one thing xD

But i agree completely SAO could have been much longer and instead of jumping 50 floors :/

The entire second half was essentially the same thing. The difference is, instead of taking forever to do one thing they took forever to accomplish next to nothing. There's no real development in the second half, just introduces you to new character that wont ever be expanded upon.

The first half was a-maaazing then, for whatever reason they decided to murder the show and do the whole different game I wanted to cry. That show was such a let down.

Even though I agree with everything said here, I still love it and will re-watch it now when it airs dubbed just for the sake of seeing all the characters again. Kirito is a fucking legend.

Learn to enjoy subbed anime, you'll get a much larger anime choice than just enjoying dubbed :c
I personally fucking hate dubbed anime, with the exception of DBZ because Goku sounds like a fucking girl in the japanese one.

I don't think I've watched a dubbed anime in like 6 years way back when I first started watching. Well, other than maybe a movie here and there that airs on TV. After awhile you don't even notice you become so condition to subtitles. Anything dubbed in general annoys me. Though I believe Shadowsong said re-watch hehe.

Anime is for pedophiles. I think the North American governments should track the sale of anime DVDs and put anyone over 18 who purchases them under strict surveilance to catch potential child molestors.

Anime is for pedophiles. I think the North American governments should track the sale of anime DVDs and put anyone over 18 who purchases them under strict surveilance to catch potential child molestors.

OMG
no.jpg

Googled it. Point proven. Anime is for pedophiles.

Even if smth(random thing) is made for somebody(not agreeing with your statement at any time!!!)doesnt mean others cant purchase it,too..
E.g. : weapons, a monopoly game, a playstation..

kirito_i_ll_give_you_everything_i_ha.JPG

Last edited:
Back