• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Why are modified backpacks so rare?

Silba

is stephany, the josh wife
Solutions
Reaction score
The last time I remember playing a server with a backpack that can hold more than default was about 6 years ago, it could hold 50 items.

Why is this not done more often? I have played many servers that are littered with backpacks because people require dozens per hunt for loot and supplies.

Is there a technical reason? or do we as a community just not want them?

Hello Silba,

there's actually not much reasoning behind having a backpack with more than 20 slots, once you can drop containers inside containers. Capacity doesn't seem to play a big role in most open tibia servers nowadays

Perhaps it might be just preference, or annoying for the few to scroll through more than 4-5 rows when the backpack is "tucked" in the panel, it's easy to lose sight I guess. There's the backpack of holding, the one which is a reward from Pits of Inferno quest in real tibia, which contains 24 slots, you can find it in most global servers.

Best Wishes
Okke

Maybe because of the limit "36 slots max" (if they are using Cipsoft client), This is 8.6 limit not sure about higher clients limit.

Maybe because of the limit "36 slots max" (if they are using Cipsoft client), This is 8.6 limit not sure about higher clients limit.
I think that it was raised in newer versions, but not by much.

It forces you to think during play and plan your hunt, instead of mindless clicking. I know it hurts nowadays but 🤷‍♂️

Hello Silba,

there's actually not much reasoning behind having a backpack with more than 20 slots, once you can drop containers inside containers. Capacity doesn't seem to play a big role in most open tibia servers nowadays

Perhaps it might be just preference, or annoying for the few to scroll through more than 4-5 rows when the backpack is "tucked" in the panel, it's easy to lose sight I guess. There's the backpack of holding, the one which is a reward from Pits of Inferno quest in real tibia, which contains 24 slots, you can find it in most global servers.

Best Wishes
Okke
Yes i can see now how large backpacks could get really nasty to use. They get messy and unorganised enough with 20 slots so i think this would be a nightmare, thank you :p
I think that it was raised in newer versions, but not by much.
It was an 8.6 server with cip client that had a donate bag with 50 slots. If this really is the hard limit then I must be mistaken, maybe it was 30.
It forces you to think during play and plan your hunt, instead of mindless clicking. I know it hurts nowadays but 🤷‍♂️
If by planning you mean waste time nesting backpacks, then sure. Other than that i don't see how your backpack requires any planning due to the 20 slot limit?

24 slots for main backpack was always ok for me. If I remember correctly I had blue tool, rust remover, destroy fields, wall runes, magic walls, loot bp, potions bp and could fit ammo for whole hunt as a paladin. I don't know if much changed regarding that. Even if I had 100 slots, I probably wouldn't fill more than 30 in my main bp.

Loot backpacks are other story though.

24 slots for main backpack was always ok for me. If I remember correctly I had blue tool, rust remover, destroy fields, wall runes, magic walls, loot bp, potions bp and could fit ammo for whole hunt as a paladin. I don't know if much changed regarding that. Even if I had 100 slots, I probably wouldn't fill more than 30 in my main bp.

Loot backpacks are other story though.
Loot and supplies being nested dozens of times on higher lvls seems like a really pointless thing, it's something that's been on my mind for over 10 years and this is the first time i've spoken about it, can't really think of a solution other than supplies that last longer/stack higher and less loot or way to deal with loot while not at a city. With cip adding billions of high gold/weight ratio loot items all the time, it's actually getting a bit silly how much room a simple hunt can take up now. A large backpack seems to create more problems than it solves though, or maybe we're just not used to large backpacks, maybe we would be in exactly the same messy situation, but with less total bps for supplies/loot.

Back