• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Why were people so bad at Tibia in the early years, why?

Tibia Leaves

Reaction score
The last couple of days I've watch a LOT of old authentic Tibia videos, and it is shocking how bad people were. And I, recalling my own early Tibia days, was also horrible.

We're people so bad at Tibia in the day because:

The game was an unknown quantity, and everyone was new and had to learn.

Lag really affected the progression of players/characters.

The population were young, not fully developed people in the way of intelligence.

The game was simply a whole lot harder in the way of skill needed.

The game was simply a whole lot harder in the way how one became successful; it was not as easy to progress, the game had stronger negative counters to positive progression forward, eg death, less money, no bless, more PK focused, harder to properly PG etc.

I would like to hear some people's reactions and thoughts on this subject.

Leaves

When people have time to solve problems or find solutions to certain mechanics, it will lead to a better understanding of the best way to play the game. The longer a game is available to the players, the higher chance of certain design elements being exposed or exploited.

It's not unique to Tibia, it happens to many other games like League of Legends, Dota 2, Counter-Strike, World of Warcraft, Runescape, Magic: The Gathering, etc.

It's also why many players will swear up and down that their time in whatever game they dedicated to learn and master was better in the "old days". In reality, that learning experience and lack of information creates worlds full of wonder and is shared with many other players experiencing the same thing that it feels authentic.

I will say this though, the main thing I miss in not only Tibia but games in general is the mystery. Game developers make a conscious effort to provide all the information and tools to the players so they never have to ask questions. They focus on the core gameplay loop and neglect the rest. I miss when games didn't tell you everything, where players had to overcome difficulty and figure out the mysteries of it all.

most of players were 12 years old imagine yourself using mouse and keyboard at that age you would be very bad at it! other thing is the first feeling of adrenaline seeing skull and deaths (mistakes) that you learn upon

What do u call early years? because here most of people call 8.6 early years lmao.

I played 6.5, now thats early years. People just play the game back then, it was soy buggy, laggy, but fun as hell.

Why are you still so bad at english? could it be:
  • u play to much tibia
  • u were born less fortunate
  • u waste time asking stupid questions

The last couple of days I've watch a LOT of old authentic Tibia videos, and it is shocking how bad people were. And I, recalling my own early Tibia days, was also horrible.

We're people so bad at Tibia in the day because:

The game was an unknown quantity, and everyone was new and had to learn.

Lag really affected the progression of players/characters.

The population were young, not fully developed people in the way of intelligence.

The game was simply a whole lot harder in the way of skill needed.

The game was simply a whole lot harder in the way how one became successful; it was not as easy to progress, the game had stronger negative counters to positive progression forward, eg death, less money, no bless, more PK focused, harder to properly PG etc.

I would like to hear some people's reactions and thoughts on this subject.

Leaves

How you expect people to play with 5-12 years old?

One thing you should keep in mind is that TibiCAM didn't capture footage accurately. If you record your gameplay both with a screen recorder and TibiCAM and then compare them afterwards, the TibiCAM will look dumb and slow.

1407303584390.jpg

Comparing old TibiCAM footage with cams from newer software or even directly recorded game-play just isn't a fair comparison.

That being said, players moving to stable connections and starting to use VOIP probably helped a lot.

Back