• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Will cipsoft eliminate Otservers?

Imagine chocolate cake pieces were copyrighted, once you bake a whole chocolate cake with the same ingredients and don't cut them in pieces, it'll still be illegal.

^ stupid example, but for example here in germany you can patent a receipt of how beer is made, the exact content, not the way you do it. This topic creates a LOT of confusion and I'm trying to clear shit up, shit that I don't know much about, so take it easy.

Imagine chocolate cake pieces were copyrighted, once you bake a whole chocolate cake with the same ingredients and don't cut them in pieces, it'll still be illegal.
You can't copyright cake pieces. You can hold copyright to a book that explains how to bake it or a photo of the cake. But not to the cake.

A copyright protects original works of authorship including literary, dramatic, musical, and artistic works, such as poetry, novels, movies, songs, computer software, and architecture.

^ stupid example, but for example here in germany you can patent a receipt of how beer is made, the exact content, not the way you do it. This topic creates a LOT of confusion and I'm trying to clear shit up, shit that I don't know much about, so take it easy.
So a patent for beer covers the recipe (the process) to make it. Not the ingredients, which are on the bottle anyway (and patents are public too). Btw, nobody would patent beer because they would be giving up the recipe for everyone to see.

There are 3 things that CipSoft won't do:
- eliminate OTS
- get rid of bots
- make Tibia great again

I read that the Lawyer thing was for licensing their intellectual property, not going after OTs.

So we may in the future see a legit 7.4 server that was licensed to someone, I also remember being told that Medivia had the rights to host their server, I called bullshit but I assume if what I read is true, they could possibly have or obtain it in the future.

Considering what is being said though, a lawyer to license their product is much more likely & beneficial than going after OTland & OTHosters.

EDIT: Just want to add, this also makes more sense considering their introduction of Battle Eye, the whole reason we never got an oldschool Server was because of Bots, it would have been pointless for them to implement a server that relied soley on people not using one & those that did would gain an immense advantage, with Battle Eye we may now see a 7.4 server.

Prepare for mass hype.

@Okke @Don Daniello
Concerning the "Beholder" thing, it was the creature that got trademarked, there's a whole list of D&D creatures that can't be used, mostly creatures that they themselves created, for their boardgame etc.

Last edited:
I think if Kicksoft fix the fuking kicks, build new client without bot injection and disable all fuking shiets from the store Pay to win... maybe without nothing more cipsoft win alone.

My opinion of all from this news is: Cipsoft cant kill ots community, we are the second part of all players from tibia i think, 1/3 players from otserver have account in cipsoft, well just improve the fuking game again like 8.6 with real record players online.

Its time to move servers to Russia!

Open Tibia has always been with Open Tibia. A lot of yers... and now divorce? It is bulshit.
If they start to fight with us. I think, a lot of botnets will be started.

I think if Kicksoft fix the fuking kicks, build new client without bot injection and disable all fuking shiets from the store Pay to win... maybe without nothing more cipsoft win alone

They're doing this, I hate quoting shit like "Rome wasn't built in a day" especially considering that they've had years & it's taken them this long to even consider working on it, but yea- It's being done, check their site & you'd know this.

Kicksoft fix the fuking kicks; DDOS Protection, currently it's fixing the kicks & lags, many people haven't been kicked or had insane lag since it's implementation, though it still has routing problems, so there's a few people that do still get lag & lag spikes, which they're trying to fix & have even made a post asking the community to help them in fixing it.

client without bot injection; Battle Eye.

all fuking shiets from the store Pay to win; You're looking at the wrong store.

Escusme amusement but when i retired from the Tibia at lvl 394, like 1 year ago was the year that the exp boost were released.
Pay to win premium time its ok but blessings? Exp boost? TP? nothnx the real mmo rpg tibia is dead... i think someone remember old days train magic level + studing 1 month...

Escusme amusement but when i retired from the Tibia at lvl 394, like 1 year ago was the year that the exp boost were released.
Pay to win premium time its ok but blessings? Exp boost? TP? nothnx the real mmo rpg tibia is dead... i think someone remember old days train magic level + studing 1 month...

None of these are paying to win, most eg Blessings & TP(I'm assuming you mean TP to temple) are completely useless things that no one purchases because it isn't worth it in the slightest. The EXP boosts can only be bought 5 times a day & go up in price with each purchase, making them not very cost effective, they're also BARELY worth using as they last an hour, & the best time to use it would be during your green stamina, which means if you're a regular player you'd never be on making the purchase pointless.

The only thing you could argue being P2W are Tibia Coins, which allows you to gain so much in game currency it's redicioules on certain servers, but those servers have been up for so long that you couldn't possibly do or obtain anything that would put you ahead of everyone else on the server that didn't pay, which is what P2W is, gaining an advantage that you couldn't gain otherwise with usual play time.

The arguement is silly anyway because Premium is actually the only thing P2W about the game as it gives you spells you can't obtain otherwise & hunting spots you'd have not been able to access without & I'll bet my left nuttsack that you bought that to get to level 394.

its ok but the main problem of tibia now is the time.

I'll bet my left nuttsack
doesn't that mean you have a right nuttsack also?
and if by default each nuttsack contains 2 balls... and you have 2 nuttsacks... hmm... ... you have 4 balls?

doesn't that mean you have a right nuttsack also?
and if by default each nuttsack contains 2 balls... and you have 2 nuttsacks... hmm... ... you have 4 balls?

Can't bet a nuttsack without a backup nuttsack.

they can't why? because giving a different direction to the game it's YOUR Game! you should registry it.
regards
if you copy paste every shit and do it like cipsoft did ovbiusly you are in trouble

they can't why? because giving a different direction to the game it's YOUR Game! you should registry it.
regards
if you copy paste every shit and do it like cipsoft did ovbiusly you are in trouble
i don't understand your logic behind an ot server being your own game
a server is not a game, it's a server
TIBIA is the game, and you use cipsoft's client to connect to your server
you don't go make a minecraft server and call it your own game, that doesn't make sense
r eg a rd s

What a coincidence that even Medivia has started to revamp almost all of Tibia sprites into their own ones, and not only that but also revamping most of the cities and continents.

I just had to make this one for your comment!
x1slIWB.png

HAHAAH :D BRO, YOU SHOULD BE POSTING THIS ON 9GAG xD

People mad about the new Tibia versions, but just play and create 8.6 because can use ElfBot, I know that :p

btw- I don't guess the current problem from tibia now is just bots, tibia isn't a "hardcore" game anymore. Isn't fun start to play a game where ppl played for 10 years to be the top lvl. You won't ever have a chance!
Tibia hardly ever will be great again in the future, I don't play game for graphics, but even the gameplay is old and boring nowadays days using other games as reference. Yes, you don't have tibia as your main game.

Back