• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

will ppl get stuck if i use an new map?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xkevinz

Reaction score
for an example, i just had an 90 mb map but i just mapped an custom map so will i need to restart everyone's position so they wouldn't get stuck orw il lthey get tped to town once they login cause of the black ground?

Dont think so because they dont have a good temple position, just try to update table players and set posx,posy,posz, it doesnt cost much, and makes you peaceful.
And do not forget about changin' config in your accmaker with townid of new characters :p

I guess you're using sql and Tfs.. You had to mention what distro you're using.

First set a position where you want all players to be spawned when they login for the first time on the new map. To do that, execute this command on your database, but replacing X,Y and Z for your new map temple coordenates.

Code:
[COLOR=#000000][COLOR=#0000BB]UPDATE players SET posx [/COLOR][COLOR=#007700]= [/COLOR][B][COLOR=Red][COLOR=#0000BB]X[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=#007700], [/COLOR][COLOR=#0000BB]posy [/COLOR][COLOR=#007700]= [/COLOR][B][COLOR=Red][COLOR=#0000BB]Y[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=#007700], [/COLOR][COLOR=#0000BB]posz [/COLOR][COLOR=#007700]= [/COLOR][B][COLOR=Red][COLOR=#0000BB]Z[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=#007700];  [/COLOR][/COLOR]

Also don't forget to set to all players a new townid if the old one is different. For example if you used a Real Map, many players may had their hometown at Thais, anothers to Edron etc, so set a townid for all of them with one simple command.

Code:
[COLOR=#000000][COLOR=#0000BB]UPDATE players SET townid [/COLOR][COLOR=#007700]= [/COLOR][COLOR=#0000BB]1[/COLOR][COLOR=#007700][/COLOR][COLOR=#0000BB][/COLOR][COLOR=#007700];  [/COLOR][/COLOR]

How do you know the townid of your new map?
Check it in your map editor, if you're using Remere's map editor then, go to Edit Towns.

Hope it helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back