• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

will we ever see another good usa ot?

Fat Boy

Advanced OT User
Reaction score
seems alot of ots nowadays are download and run/ get money and close. ive just been playing noxious ot for years because i cant find any other good ots to spend my time on that arn't cash grabs. note i ignore most evos since i dont like level 5k servers =.=. just wondering when a good usa ot will come there are tons of polish and br ones but id lag like hell on those

seems alot of ots nowadays are download and run/ get money and close. ive just been playing noxious ot for years because i cant find any other good ots to spend my time on that arn't cash grabs. note i ignore most evos since i dont like level 5k servers =.=. just wondering when a good usa ot will come there are tons of polish and br ones but id lag like hell on those
Try Archlight US :) might not be your cup of tea. But we work hard on it, havnt taken a break in 5 years from it, and it's the 3rd biggest OT in the world at the moment.

i dont like level 5k servers
Curious as to why? There should be no difference between a player being level 500 or 5000. Assuming that, for example, an sd deals ~30% of a players health in damage for both cases then the exact numeric value of said damage and/or player level is irrelevant. In fact, you could just as well say the players level is "wow", and when they shoot an SD the damage that pops up could say "omegadmg!" and the player could have "omghp" health and so long as it takes the same amount of sds to kill someone, the visual representation of these "stats" are just eye candy, which is why I would guess most servers (and games in general) go for the bigger numbers.

The reason I ask is because I assume you aren't looking for a real tibia clone since there is an infinite selection of those so most of the servers you will find will be rather high exp rate servers. I must admit that I haven't been paying attention to new servers for a long time but from those that I've heard about and those that I've seen in the past, custom servers are typically high rate servers.

I guess I'm most curious as to what exact characteristics about high rate servers you dislike, is it just the big numbers or is it features that typically come along with such servers.

Also Deathzot is getting a fresh start on May 31st, it is labeled as Canada only because it is hosted in Montreal in order to give the best possible connection for both USA and EU players. It is high rate but as I've stated above, balance is balance regardless of what the actual numbers are. If you haven't yet, try it out, you might like it.

P.S.
Even real tibia is quickly becoming a "level 5k server", I checked a couple weeks ago and I think there was a level 1,500-ish. I laughed.

Curious as to why? There should be no difference between a player being level 500 or 5000

Preachh

It's so funny when people come on Archlight and say "Whats the exp rate here?" and we say well it's not really relevant, levels here are completely different from how they work on tibia. And then they say again "well i just want to know, I dont like high exp" and it's like okay... but theres nothing really to compare to...

The better question is maybe "how fast paced is this game/server".

I get this question so often and everytime its like I dont quite know how to answer haha

Preachh

It's so funny when people come on Archlight and say "Whats the exp rate here?" and we say well it's not really relevant, levels here are completely different from how they work on tibia. And then they say again "well i just want to know, I dont like high exp" and it's like okay... but theres nothing really to compare to...

The better question is maybe "how fast paced is this game/server".

I get this question so often and everytime its like I dont quite know how to answer haha

Why don't you make a window pop up the first time they log in or take a step outside temple or w/e and you explain here your top 3 most asked questions.

Curious as to why? There should be no difference between a player being level 500 or 5000. Assuming that, for example, an sd deals ~30% of a players health in damage for both cases then the exact numeric value of said damage and/or player level is irrelevant.
This is not true. But if, as you said, there is no difference between 5000 level and 500, why even bother doing the first one?
I will tell you why.
Higher level means you have higher margin error, more speed & more mana to tank it up (as you probably have higher-valued potions etc). It also means that losing a few levels is irrelevant, so is the cash (in most cases) that you throw here and there as it's not even important at some point.

Also, from a psychological aspect, making progress quick (leveling up fast) is good for a people that want to "do and forget" and making progress slow (leveling up slow) is for people that want to empathize with the character they created (and the other roleplay thingys).

There are no clear pros and cons for those two separate paces. But saying they do not differ and not matter is just straight up not true.

This is not true. But if, as you said, there is no difference between 5000 level and 500, why even bother doing the first one?

The reason for choosing 5000 over 500 is because bigger numbers are more appealing (generally speaking) and easier to balance around. Take for example runescape back in the day, their minimum hit was 0 and maximum hit was like 20. They had a hard time giving players boosts because they could not do anything in between for example 0 and 1. They eventually multiplied damage by 10 so that they could have what would have been an impossible 0.5 be 5. Later they multiplied it by 10 again for even more flexibility. This allowed much smaller power increases to be noticeable by players rather than feeling useless.

Also a few of the things you have stated are simply untrue and/or design decisions that have no correlation with a server being high rate or not.
Higher level means you have higher margin error, more speed & more mana to tank it up (as you probably have higher-valued potions etc).
Not sure what you mean by "higher margin of error".
Higher level does not necessarily mean more speed, in fact speed is only determined by level if you leave it as default. We are talking about custom servers I assume so having a custom speed formula is not unreasonable.
As for the mana/potions, this is the same as my SD example. If a player has 100 mana and heals 10 with a potion on low rate, it is the same as if the player has 1000 mana and heals 100 on high rate, assuming again that damage is also proportional.

It also means that losing a few levels is irrelevant
By default deathloss is a percent of your total experience. This means that the rate at which you gain experience is irrelevant here because you are going to lose the same amount of "time spent leveling" assuming both servers have the same percent deathloss.

so is the cash (in most cases) that you throw here and there as it's not even important at some point.
I know you clarified "in most cases" but I want to say that just because a server has "big numbers" does not necessarily mean that the developers added 99999cc to every monster. Even if they did, the economy can be scaled to fit the amount of gold. An extreme example being OT Chaos back in 7.6 where end-game monsters dropped 30 million gold every kill and yet that server had one of the best economies I have ever seen in an ot.

Also, from a psychological aspect, making progress quick (leveling up fast) is good for a people that want to "do and forget" and making progress slow (leveling up slow) is for people that want to empathize with the character they created (and the other roleplay thingys).
Again, its all proportional. If on real tibia you start at level 1 and the highest level quest is 100 and it takes 6 months to get there, it is the same as a high rate server starting at level 1, the highest quest being level 10000, and it also taking 6 months to get there. It is simply a bigger number, that is all.

There are no clear pros and cons for those two separate paces.
There are actually a few that I can think of off the top of my head.
Pro: Wider range of values to fine tune the balance of a server around.
Pro: Bigger numbers are (in most cases) more appealing to people.
Con: Numbers that are too big start to get cluttered and can get to the point where visually you cannot possibly care about what the actual value is because it's just a series of numbers on your screen (such as incremental/idle/clicker games where you literally deal 458978435972393259375363840 damage)

Why don't you make a window pop up the first time they log in or take a step outside temple or w/e and you explain here your top 3 most asked questions.
We of course have forms of that ^_^ many people will tend to not read and instead ask the same question 5m later. Its more and more common in gamer society to ask instead of read for themselves.

There is some chance of opening american version of Gunzodus - www.gunzodus.net

We've tried it couple of times but we figured out that american community which consists mostly of BR players demand other type of server as we create. I mean features which make it "easier" like infinite runes/bolts, easy exp, loot etc.

Some ideas always welcomed ;)

jesus i didnt expect this many replys lol. i like real tibia maps and i like custom maps either is fine with me, i dont like to manage the huge numbers when they overlap on eachother and when you go down to yellow then all of a sudden it looks like your hp is full because it looks full on the bar again. im not saying i want super low rate but i just dont want level 5k+. i enjoy servers where its easy to get 150+ and then it starts slowing down just to the levels where you can do stuff and have fun. i guess im just too picky and old since i like the classic style servers where the classess are normal even if the map is diffrent. also most of the hate i have for evos is the fact that people take alot of time to create maps but then you put in these portals and takes away map exploring, plus it makes it 10x easier for enemys to find you if they can just port straight to you.

Last edited:
@gunz gunzodous is good i liked it i just lagged too hard on it, and yes we americans/canada side normally like inf runes and ammo so we have to think less and not refill as often but never do infinite pots. i played a server where pots were infinite and knights once they reached a high enough level became unkillable xD. your ot reminds me of good old shadowcores

Deathzot is really good, nuff said

i heard good things about deathzot but looking at the website and seeing only 4 players online during mid day doesnt make me want to play it . it used to have alot more so something is obviously wrong on it or people are just getting done with tibia and tibia ots

https://otservlist.org/
look here for good ots.
u only have brazil servers to choose from man. then there arent many english servers with any players on
good eu server = outcastserver good oldschool ots. evolunia easy quick fun evo server but many booters. theotserver good server but old and dont have players
good na server = only noxious. rest are not like tibia and not fun and most very p2w

i heard good things about deathzot but looking at the website and seeing only 4 players online during mid day doesnt make me want to play it . it used to have alot more so something is obviously wrong on it or people are just getting done with tibia and tibia ots
We are working to open the first 8.0 created on Brazil. It will be hosted on United States. You are very welcome to check out. :)

I don't know much about the server, but I did see that 'Era 4' is May 31 2019.
So maybe people are just not playing right now, waiting for the server to basically open?
-shrug-

Back