• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Win8 x64 slow RME loading

BahamutxD

Jack of all trades, master of none
Solutions
Reaction score
Recently "upgraded" to Win8 64bits and everything was fine untill I opened up RME.

Loading a 70mb map is taking up to 5 mins when it was less than 5 seconds with Windows 7 in the same hardware (2500k/670gtx)

I have MS Visual C++ 2008/2010/2012/2013 installed, aswell as other hardware drivers.

Loading from SSD makes no difference and loading smaller maps is just the same, faster but still terribly slow.

Anyone know why this is happening?

Try running in compatability, If that doesn't help, try going into settings in map editor and make it so that it can use more memory, and there is a setting in there that makes it load into ram rather than reading from disk as much, I don't remember what it's called but it will tell you when you hover over settinfs.

Back