• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows 7 vs Windows XP

Windows 7 or Windows XP?

• Windows 7

Votes: 247 61.0%
  • Windows XP

Votes: 158 39.0%

• Total voters
All new future products will only be available for windows 7+ Beside that all new laptops are sold with windows 7

So that throws windows xp in the trash.

Of course XP runs better if you compare them on the same machine, it has less requirements than Windows 7. Considering the old-new PC hardware difference, Windows 7 runs the same on new computers as Windows XP runs on old PCs.

Windows 7 and Windows XP are basically the same thing, Windows VISTA had a different kernal than XP but because it was so unstable they decided to keep the graphics and run it with Win XP kernal, so basically Win 7 = newer version of Win XP. Only problem is that there are some programs that do not run correctly on Win 7 like on Win XP but that doesn't change anything you just have to run it in compatability mode with XP and boom should work or atleast 7/10 times it does anyway, if not there should be a program that will let you. But because I have more experience with XP than 7 I would choose XP because of how much I know of that OS. Overall: Win 7 for better performance and Win XP for capabilities and long time using it for exp. Preffered: Linux systems!

Of course XP runs better if you compare them on the same machine, it has less requirements than Windows 7. Considering the old-new PC hardware difference, Windows 7 runs the same on new computers as Windows XP runs on old PCs.

I have windows 7 (it came with notebook) and it's good, but if u really wana enjoy, make dual boot :).
Windows 7- much better for working with multimedia, but I'm f*cked up coz I can't instal 85% of the cracks, coz I have x64 bit windows 7(but it's better for rendering and etc tho) so I made dual boot with wind xp 32bit and it's good.
Wana work with multi-media and etc or wana render(movies, 3d)- get 7 x64bit;
Wana have a lot of cracks, much faster boot, and etc- get xp 32.
But again, dual boot- best thing ever ;).

Windows 7 = best game performance, best design, fast, updated.

Windows XP = fast, updated till 2014.

Windows 7 and Windows XP are basically the same thing, Windows VISTA had a different kernal than XP but because it was so unstable they decided to keep the graphics and run it with Win XP kernal, so basically Win 7 = newer version of Win XP. Only problem is that there are some programs that do not run correctly on Win 7 like on Win XP but that doesn't change anything you just have to run it in compatability mode with XP and boom should work or atleast 7/10 times it does anyway, if not there should be a program that will let you. But because I have more experience with XP than 7 I would choose XP because of how much I know of that OS. Overall: Win 7 for better performance and Win XP for capabilities and long time using it for exp. Preffered: Linux systems!

Windows > Linux if you want a desktop OS. In my opinion, Windows is the best desktop OS there is. That's cause every game can run with a single click, you can find drivers easily and most applications are written for Windows. Also it is not Windows' problem that applications are not compatible, they are just out of date if they don't support Windows 7.

Windows > Linux if you want a desktop OS. In my opinion, Windows is the best desktop OS there is. That's cause every game can run with a single click, you can find drivers easily and most applications are written for Windows. Also it is not Windows' problem that applications are not compatible, they are just out of date if they don't support Windows 7.

Windows may provide more of a compatability for programs and such but it is still very prone to viruses, malware, spyware and adware. Linux however has such a stable kernal that it is immune to these without directly trying to inject a virus into it, not to mention I know for a fact out of using linux that you can run windows programs off of it using 'WINE'. Even if that doesn't work you can still install a virtuall desktop with Win XP/7 on it and run the programs from there. Another thing I just remembered is that Win XP does not have a partition for the RAM memory so when the C:\ gets full it dumps data onto the RAM, as to whereas Linux you make a partition of X (preferably the amount you have + 1/2 GB) so your RAM has untouchable RAM memory space. Linux is way more protective than Windows making it better.

XP i've had more experience with XP and it runs on low amounts of computer performances and most of the games that exist are compatible with XP

With Win 7 my wi-fi device works baddd!! damn
And yep, win 7 can work as win xp mode.
ht1.jpg
jh88.jpg
test.jpg
huang10

Back