• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows 7,Windows XP,Linux or Mac

Windowns 7,Windows XP,Linux or Mac

• Windowns 7

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Windowns XP

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Linux

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Mac

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

president vankk

Web Developer & AuraOT Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi OTLAND.Net

what is the best operating system?
Windows 7,Windows XP,Linux or Mac

Depends on what you want to use the OS for. W7 for gaming Linux for hosting OTS.

I just quote myself.

Well, can't complain about the speed and size of MenuetOS. But I believe Solaris got the the best base of all OSes, soon to follow is FreeBSD and OpenBSD, followed up closely by Linux 2.6 and 2.4, then I put Mac OSX (Darwin based) and a few steps down we find Windows XP, then Win2000, then Windows Server 2008, then Windows 7.

This is more or less general, you got to spesify a use.

If you ahve any knowledge about the internal structure of a Operativssytem, then you wouldn't say that Windows 7 is best in anything at all.

OpenBSD is best at security (used by Pentagon etc), Solaris is best at modularity and speed, FreeBSD got superior network (a reason it's one of the favorite choices on firewalls), Linux is overall best at new technology and driver support, yes, even better then Windows... And got a supperior look.

Mac is just plain diffrent. It isn't supperior in any field, but it looks nice, got good software support, and overall good performance and stability.

MenuetOS is supperior when it comes to size, overall good performance too.

Windows well, because of illigal marketing they have managed to get the dominant share of the destkop market (Atleast 80%) and a significant piece of the server market (10-15%), because of the amount of Desktop users, most software is developed towarns this platform. Altho most serious buisnesses looks at Mac and Linux do to WAY better stability and performance.

How the heck can you blame the OS for not having your games? Blame the producers, the OpenGL performance is way higher on Linux then on Windows, and therefore games will perform better on Linux then on Windows.

By that, Linux is better for gaming then Windows.

Hi, Im Karl, And i created... Windows 7. <3
Epic_fail_guy.gif

Back