• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Vista VS Ubuntu

Windows or Ubuntu

• Windows

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Ubuntu

Votes: 16 57.1%

• Total voters

Alyhide

Banned User
Reaction score
Hello, i am using dual-boot for Window's Vista and Ubuntu.

I love Ubuntu, cool style, ect.

What are you guy's thoughts?

Last edited:
Windows has more features and is more user friendly, it's great for people that have busy lives...windows 7 is so clean there really is no great bugs anymore..

Ubuntu runs better but it is time consuming to do basically anything, everything must be done through command prompt and compiling everything isn't so fun.

thats my opinion :p

Ubuntu, switched it from windows 7 when 10.10 got released, WILL NEVER GO BACK to windows.

you will just try out all the distrubtions, like them then get tired and get back to windows ;]

I seriously would RATHER use Windows 95 than Ubuntu!

As for Vista, it doesn't suck for people that think so, it just use too much properties from your computer but if you have a WORKING computer that have enough stats that wont be a problem.

Adios..

Vista feels more comfortable with compatibility and accessibility. Ubuntu is like.. GAH. But still.

Windows 95 > ubuntu > vista

The thing I love most is though, with Ubuntu my computer boots up and is useable in like 30 seconds, on windows, atleast 3-4 minutes

hosting => Ubuntu
playing and other w7
BUT wVista is rly bad dident even use mine, did go back to xp, untill I got w7.

My vote goes for Ubuntu in this case.

I never liked Vista at all.
A couple years ago I bought a Desktop computer with Vista Preinstalled. Hated it and went back to XP

At the moment I use Windows 7 and the Latest Ubuntu.

I would choose Ubuntu over Vista but I would also choose Windows 7 over Ubuntu as well.
Both have there pro's and cons

Ubuntu, switched it from windows 7 when 10.10 got released, WILL NEVER GO BACK to windows.

windows 7 to ubuntu? That is a downgrade lol..unless u host.

@benny the load time on windows 7 is amazing..my comp boots in like 20 seconds~

Ubuntu vs Vista? Theres no point to compare. Linux is linux. Windows.. well.. it's just a crap.

Macs are for those who don’t want to know why their computer works.

Linux is for those who want to know why their computer works.

DOS is for those who want to know why their computer doesn’t work.

Windows is for those who don’t want to know why their computer doesn’t work.

I have all three. Well.. Except dos! :)

Mac for School.

Windows for games.

Linux for hosting.

On one computer!

Edit: No i never hosted before haha ( I just made a triple boot since I wanted to test it out) :).

Windows 7: Is better for games and etc...
Ubuntu: For hosting games...
I prefer windows ;)

Back