• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Vista VS Ubuntu

Windows or Ubuntu

• Windows

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Ubuntu

Votes: 16 57.1%

• Total voters
Yeah Windows is better for gaming, but so far I havnt had a problem playing any games on linux (without a native client, such as WoW, SC2)

Windows are for people with plenty of time to fix all the damn problems, Ubuntu are for people won't don't want to become hardcore Linux folks. LFS is for people with lots of time and like stuff 100% as they want them.

I prefer Archlinux tho.

Just got Ubuntu and I think it's only a matter of taste if you want ubuntu/windows.
Ubuntu seems to be really cool but I'm still trying to figure out how to install some programs, I'm very close now:)

If you want to run 0.4, you need linux.

Okay, thanks, bye. :peace:

Takes me too long time to install applications, and hour to update them in Windows.

Ubuntu: apt-get install application, saves you hours and hours! And are way more userfriendly, both when you install and update :)

windows you all just like to be different and that's why you pick ubuntu. most crap doesn't work on ubuntu without extra work.

windows you all just like to be different and that's why you pick ubuntu. most crap doesn't work on ubuntu without extra work.

No I prefer Ubuntu since my computer just runs so much faster than on windows, and 'most crap' doesnt need extra work, if anything its easier to get shit (sudo apt-get install / Ubuntu software centre)

Ubuntu: apt-get install application

Aptitude plz. On Debian. Using geomirrored main and backports repositories and a few select alternative repositories in sources.list. All wisely Apt-pinned of course. Maybe toss on some Apt-build for fun times. If the geomirror ain't cutting it combat the problem with Netselect-apt/Apt-spy, Apt-transport-debtorrent and Apt-p2p. Make it all the more poignant across the lan with apt-cacher, apt-move and apt-mirror. Anyways. Lol.

Back