• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Winter Update 2016

Kuzyn

Excellent OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
What's wrong with Cipsoft's graphic designer/designers???

z5ys4Tc.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/tibia/phot...79099572363/10153782770777364/?type=3&theater
http://forum.tibia.com/forum/?action=thread&postid=37685694#post37685694

wow im so pumped for the winter update, cant wait to buy some xp scrolls and visit the green plus-sign fountain of ugliness

Cipsoft is rapidly declining in popularity and I bet their staff are cheap and underpaid hence mass production of trash and turning their game into a focused pay2win

This game is from what...? '97...? Resolution of monitors in '97 was notably smaller than today. I think 640x480 was standard back then.
As far as I know Tibia’s playerbase never raised the topic of increasing the field of view instead of stretching game window. Or maybe switching into 64x64 graphics and made that field of view only slightly bigger than it would be with 32x32 sprites. And You guys REALLY should do that…
Even though advancements in display technologies went apeshit those last 20 years and 1980x1080 or 2K are gaming standards nowadays, most or maybe even all players don’t talk about stretching game window on their big displays being something out of era, something that should exist.
For CipSoft it is clear sign that none of you care about graphics. And they realize that about half of you are bots, so not even actual people in front of displays xD
Stretched 32x32 sprites looks like shit, no matter how detailed and good those are, so Cipsoft choose path of the least resistance and assumed that You’ll not see the difference between shitty-blurry-stretched sprite and good-blurry-stretched sprite.

It’s hard to blame CipSoft, a real-life company, for delivering product which still sells on the market, no matter how shitty they graphics became. Sell enough to keep them afloat.

i don't see any problems in like half the pictures you posted
o.0

I already wrote an article for my page about this, so I'll summarize:

Cipsoft hires an artist named Penciljack to lower costs and time.
Then fired their freelancers, who was the pinnacle from Tibia graphics quality (Óin, Izuael, Lord Ariakas, Mantus, Gyphonart and others)
35mfckj.png

• Jan (Penciljack) and Lyxoph never learned to sprite properly.
  • Jan was only a concept artist and didn't know the patterns(or ignored them completely).

So every new update we see sprites that had appearance of the first scribbles of a child in paint, which have thickness of a toothpick and ignores AA.

23j5w61.jpg

• Most of that sprite are drawn in 1px thickness.
  • And if you want a basic tip to know when a sprite is anti-aliased or not, is just check their border pixels: if they have light pixels, It's wrong!
As @Arashel said, they look "shitty-blurry-sprites" ingame

About the legacy of the pinnaccle artists, a small piece of those arts was in the dead WOT Forum.
Me and some friends had access to the "small piece" (like tutorials, remakes and good sprites that weren't added in Tibia)
The other great part are in Phobos possession, although the game isn't updated with the latest sprites and probably will never be launched.

Back