• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Working Map Randomizer (RANDOMIZE AS YOU MAP!)

if you followed the tutorial exactly then it should work.

try it until it works >.>

it automatically switches to a random id that is in the list (so for trees.txt, it will switch to a random normal tree) as if you clicked on it.

nvm it works now, not that great tuto though for the more noobish ones :p

doesnt really get much simpler than that.

im working on making it find the ID for itself >.<

nope, its impossible because of simones stupid mapeditor -.-

the map editor doesnt have a specific ID for each tile in the 3x3 area, it just repeats the same tile.

so it will always use the same tile for all 9 squares, no matter what :/

So now, when you can interfere to mapeditor( or infest, interpose, intervene - sry for my english, i don't know which word to use :p)

SO i think that it is possible to make somethink another function, that will make mapping faster. My idea is somethink like automatic wall changing on hotkeys. It can support not only walls, but doors, windows, and other things!

I try make picture showing this.

wallek9.jpg

You are making house. You are starting do this from right page.
Hotkeys used here: “<” (,) nad “>” (.) - to go back and next. It will be good to fast making walls etc. It also can be with more items.
You can make an xml file to your program to make it more configurable.
I mean that on hotkeys (< and >) you will be able to change item. Clicking > will go yo next item. And clickng < will back to item. I mean changing between items Vertical - Horizontal.

Ok, thank you.

So now i have thinked about which hotkeys to use, and i made this picture, this is better way to changing between Horizontal, Vertical etc. then "<" and ">"

keyboardaq0.jpg