• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Working Map Randomizer (RANDOMIZE AS YOU MAP!)

squalor

Reaction score
Working Map Randomizer (RANDOMIZE AS YOU MAP!) (Last update OCT 11)

Tested on Simones Mapeditor 0.4.78 only. Will update to newer versions as needed.

I now bring you my own Map Randomizer, which supports an infinite number of items, is easy to use, and works great.

Instructions:

1. Open up Simones mapeditor (Doesnt matter what title of the window is.)

2. Open up the MapRandomizer program.

3. Click "Open List" and choose a text file.

The file should be in this format only (with your own ids of course, this is the example trees file included with the program.):

Randomizer trees said:

4. Click "Enable" and switch to the mapeditor and draw! Use only a 1x1 brush, any bigger brushes will use the same tile for each square.

Any bugs, etc. post here please.

Known bugs/issues:

- When placing items that "stretch" tiles, they stay on screen when moving the mouse (Unfixable, this is a bug with the mapeditor itself)

---------------

Contains:

MapRandomizer program

Lists:

Trees.txt (normal trees)
stones.txt (normal stones)
desert.txt (desert trees/cacti)
flowers.txt (normal flowers)
swamp.txt (swamp flowers)
jungle.txt (jungle flowers)
icetree.txt (ice trees)
icestone.txt (ice stones)

----------------
To find the address:

(Tutorial by Grimmed)
My toturial for those who cannot manage to run the show.

1. Open up your map-editor. (Most likely and only one tested vers. 0.4.78)
2. Open up the MapRandomizer.

Then
3. Open up the program called Tsearch.
3.1 In Tsearch, goto 'Process' and then open. (or just simply press ctrl+o)
3.2 Select the Mapeditor from the Process list.
3.3 Now you have opened your mapeditor in the process list, lets go back to the Mapeditor itself.
3.4 Press the button 'J' and jump to item nr. 2907.
3.5 Goto Tsearch and press on the magnify button the make your first search. Search for the number 2807 (the item-id nr. minus 100)
3.6 You should get a (big) list now. We're going to clear it up. Go back to the mapeditor and jump to item-id 2906.
3.7 Head to Tsearch and press the Magnify button WITH the dots. (Next search) Fill-in the number 2806.
3.8 This must narrow your list of adresses. Around 1-3 adresses left, go pick one and try it out. Fillin the memory adress in the Maprandomizer. ALWAYS insert '&H' in front of the memory.
3.9 Head to the mapeditor, ofcourse you've selected a list already in the Maprandomizer, and press the button 'Home'. Press the button 'b' and try it out. Do you get any different sorts of id's? Yes? Congratz!! it works now with you.
If not? Try a other memor adress from that little list, and hope you got lucky with that one. Remember to include &H in the beginning.

(I had a list of 16 results the first time search. The second search left me 2 results. (2e search = next search, not a new one.) I've picked one of the 2 and got lucky, it was the right adress.)

Latest updates:
Program updated again, now you can press Home (in any program) to enable/disable randomization.

Also, you no longer have to have the windows title be Untitled - OtMapEditor. I set it up where it finds the mapeditor on its own. NOTE: If you have more than one mapeditor open, the one you have "active" will randomize.

Program updated yet again, id lists put into their own folder, and two new lists added (messytomb and cleantomb)

Updated again: Program now saves the memory address so you dont have to find it every time.

http://www.timsvault.com/cheattools/tsearch.zip

Download is attached. Scan all you want, it's clean!

Attachments

Last edited:
Nothing I can say but, SWEET! Should really help out n00b mappers like me become better.

Edit: Followed your instructions exactly and its not working. Yes, I am using the same MapEditor version as you.

Last edited:
@up

Me too. It doesn't work. :(

Are you sure you tested it on 0.4.78? Becouse i'm making all same as is in tutorial, but it nothink make.

i tested it to in same version as you and it don´t working for me either.

Meybe here is any keylogger? He makes this topic becouse map randomizer is really needed by much peoples. Thats what i think. But if you really made this map randomizer, why it doesn't work? ;)

slawkens, you automatically accuse me of putting a keylogger in it just because i try to help? -.- idiot scan it yourself.

anyways guys, it works perfectly for me...

the only issue i can guess is that the memory address is different for every person :/ ill write a tutorial in a bit to get the address yourself (and update the program obviously)

Okay, thanks a lot man. I don't think it has a keylogger. No way would somebody put all those ids in them files. They would just post a rar file wid an exe.

Program updated so you can actually put in your own address (apparently everyones item address is different, so you need to find your own.)

To find the address:

Open up your mapeditor

Open up Tsearch (Should work with artmoney too)

In Tsearch, click "Open Process" and click on the mapeditor icon.

In the mapeditor, go to item 2907, then do a search for 2807 (itemid - 100~)

then, switch to item 2906. do a "search next" for itemid 2807 (or just scroll down the list and look for 2806)

when you find it, thats the address you need to put into the maprandomizer! (make sure to put "&H" before the address!)

Latest updates:
Program updated again, now you can press Home (in any program) to enable/disable randomization.

Also, you no longer have to have the windows title be Untitled - OtMapEditor. I set it up where it finds the mapeditor on its own. NOTE: If you have more than one mapeditor open, the one you have "active" will randomize.

Program updated yet again, id lists put into their own folder, and two new lists added (messytomb and cleantomb)

Thank you very much, now i believe its not any keylog. Sorry for this. ;)

But it still doesn't work, becouse when i search this adress, i have found arround 50~ items.

@Edit

Ok, i think i have found this adress. But now how to use this map randomizer.

I must set any item id or what? I have open "trees" and now? I must jump in map editor to item id "2700" ? ;)

Last edited:
no.

you should have 1-5 addresses, just try each of them.

all you do is open the list and press enable.

And it will automatic in map editor change to this item? And i will see it?

@Edit

Ahh, it doesn't work. I tried many times. All same as you say.
Meybe it found ~56 becouse i have 2-core proccesor?

Last edited:
if it finds 56 you did something wrong. follow the new tutorial in the first post

Wow! Now it works! Now i know that you have 1 thing wrong in your old tutorial

then, switch to item 2906. do a "search next" for itemid 2807 (or just scroll down the list and look for 2806)

Search next not for 2807 but for 2806.

Really thanks for this program! ;)

Now this address will be always same?

And next question, becouse i see in your list only trees, stones etc. But i quess its possible too with grounds?

possible with anything that you draw on (except PZ and such of course :p)

the address will always be the same for YOUR computer.

Ok, thanks.

Now i will post some useful ids to randomize:

Grass
Code:

Earth
Code:

And last- i don't know how to name it, my english isn't good. But its ground used underearth.
Code:

I'll try make more, but now i just started using Your randomizer! :D

lol when i try to open i get an error msg "comdlg43.ocx" or one of this dependecies not correctly registered: file missing or invalid

wtf?

it means you're either using an old computer or you arent using windows.

comdlg = the box you get when you click Save As... on most programs.

just google it, easy to find.

Nice program but it seems it doesnt work for me:(
I followed both of the tutorials 100%
But it shows me 14 results in the last search (in Tsearch).
I tried all but non worked.

and how does this work?
When I put grass on the floor there will automatically popup some trees / item?
please help ;)
great tool.