• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

World of Therran - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mackan™

Content Creator
Reaction score
Have you heard of Therran?
Of course you haven't! So here's what it's all about.

We had an old thread which we didn't want to continue on, so this fresh new thread can spark new discussions.
We want to discuss what kind of features, areas, monsters you'd like to see in this kind of server.
If you are old enough to have played this server we want sincere input on what we can improve and build upon from the last time it was online.

We also have a discord channel!

Here's the general info, mostly taken from the old discussion thread, but updated and added on.
If there's any info not mentioned that you want us to share, just ask us. If we haven't got a decisive answer for you it can probably change!

threadimg.png

Features
  • Huge custom map, carefully detailed with a lot of planning put into it.
  • A lot of lore and background stories scattered all around the world to explore.
  • Custom:
    • Monsters
    • NPCs, some with a lot of dialogue
    • Sprites
    • Items
    • Effects
    • Amazing and fresh client with anti-bot measures
  • Custom Backpack slots, up to 5 backpacks unlocked every 25th level, starting with #2 at level 25.
  • A toolbelt in the inventory with specific slots for rope, shovel, pick, machete and fishing rod. For fast access and saving space in backpacks!
  • Dual ring slots, have time ring and ring of healing at the same time (and many other mix possibilities).
  • Woodcutting system.
  • Unique skill system.
  • Stare down into the depths where the ocean is clear enough to see the ocean floor with water transparency.
  • In-game sound effects and music.
  • Wider game screen.
  • Actionbar for faster access to hotkeys and spells.
  • A huge amount of quests that will challenge both your mind and powers.
  • Worldchanges, quests, shortcuts, hunting grounds and other areas that might not be available every day.
  • Lots of places to explore, and many planned areas for future updates.

Skill system

The skillsystem in this world is not like in Tibia. You don't need to train on rotworms, or monks, or whatever. Experience a different way to play where vocations aren't the same as you're used to. Play however you want. Upon completing the brand new storyline tutorial, your character earns a bunch of skill points to place in your skill tree. You gain new skill points each level up.

The skill system is very user-friendly and easy to understand.
Here's the sorcerer skill tree as an example.
4k0DwRD.png

Each skill you can use skill points on add bonus stats as seen on this image. For example, each point in 'Magic' permanently increase your mana by 5 points while adding a point on 'Defense' permanently increases your health by 5 hitpoints.
Besides the bonuses described under each skills they give you the following:
  • Molten Fury unlocks fire spells.
  • Lightning Mastery unlocks energy spells.
  • Intellect unlocks other spells that aren't sorcerer specific like earth strike and summon creature.
  • Defense increases defensive attributes and unlocks defensive spells like healing.
  • Agility unlocks movement spells
  • Magic increases magic damage and unlocks runic spells.
We also have 2 skills that work in the traditional way by using the skill.
  • Woodcutting heightens success rate for cutting wood, cutting wood can be a source of income as well as usable in some quests.
  • Fishing is as traditional as it can be, just don't forget to bring worms or fishes won't be interested.

To see what spells you unlock next, you can hover above the spell icon and a text will appear saying "Next spell: Spell name (lvl 'required level')".

Game screen & Transparency

See through clear water to the floor below, maybe you will find something interesting? Except for the obvious beauty of transparent water.
Also notice how you get to see 8sqms extra in width and 2sqms extra in height.

ebec21de17.png

a23034a7f9.png

c3060e1255.png

Click on the links to be forwarded to MORE SEXY IMAGES!
World of Therran - Mapping Teaser
Darudon, The City of White Walls
Shanarah, The Elven Village

There are also many images from the development in Mackan™'s mapping thread found here:
Mackan's Mappings

Developers:
@jolle_jkpg
@Mackan™
@Samuro

Throughout the years many people have helped to develop the project, we would like to thank the following people:
Ragheed, Macedoon, Mindrage, Forbidden, Dalkon, Moj mistrz, Yellowhat, Ecration, Mannen med Brillorna (MmB), Clonas & Zenorex.

Offical release date: NOT SET!

Regards
8Ware

Last edited:
Sick man, i honestly would like to have wallpaper that involves using that transparent water, with some mobs like hydras and environment. Would fap to this. even a 1920x1080 with only transparent water would look insanely awesome

Last edited:
How many years has it been since I played on this server? Has it already been a decade?

Me and my friend were exploring the unknown lands of Ramurika, as it was called back then. It really felt like we were playing Tibia again for the first time, discovering new areas, having in depth conversations with NPCs to find clues to quests, etc.
I'm not sure how much you've done since then, but I reckon a lot has changed. It was, back then at least—the best RPG server I had ever witnessed.

Best of luck to you guys.

Is there some kind of list that show you exactly when to get a specific spell? So you can plan your skill Points ahead instead of guessing and hoping.

Maybe that would be something for the players to figure out and make a wiki page?

Last edited:
Does my NPC still exist
Of course he does, still guarding Perthinon's Temple ;)

Is there some kind of list that show you exactly when to get a specific spell? So you can plan your skill Points ahead instead of guessing and hoping.

Maybe that would be something for the players to figure out and make a wiki page?
Yeah, sounds like a good idea. I'll get our programmer on getting such a list into our tutorial module in the client. :)

haha i have to agree with @frida22.. full screen of awesome map would be fckin sick for a wallpaper ;) and if transparent water thats a bonus ;)

but project looks great man! wish you and the team luck in the future.
mapper to mapper, just one question. is ground floor 7? source edit to see down to 8 and lower? ;)

haha i have to agree with @frida22.. full screen of awesome map would be fckin sick for a wallpaper ;) and if transparent water thats a bonus ;)

but project looks great man! wish you and the team luck in the future.
mapper to mapper, just one question. is ground floor 7? source edit to see down to 8 and lower? ;)

Yes, the ground floor is 7, it's a source edit. ;)

Is this Transparent Water Sprite possible to add to RME to make recent edits of them and create new scenarios? I am drawing a project of a big city and would like to put this kind of transparency in some places.

I am far from a mapping expert and have done little so far. I am focusing on the base map of the map making a general sketch of what I intend to create in each location of this city.

My idea is to redesign the entire Global map and add new continents of my own. I think of renovating cities like Thais and expanding hunting grounds by making new hits and quests. Also focus on a new big city like Tibia has never had before.

But recently I have a problem with my RME. Every time I close the map and I am editing it gets a dark screen. The map is still there but literally needs to click on all sprites to see them again.

So I am not making further edits at this time until I resolve this issue, while focusing on project details to do so later. I still have a hard time making nature scenarios and I find it much simpler city scenarios.

I did not get to play World of Therran at the time I was online but I could appreciate the amazing graphics there by the images available on the forum. If he comes back I'll be excited to venture into these places and make new discoveries.

Congratulations for the amazing work!

Hope you guys have fun developing this and hope everyone else will have fun exploring! Wish you best of luck!

I tried this server like 4 years ago maybe. It was really well made. My only problem was that the skill system wasn't entirely balanced and the dungeons were a bit too small, both in terms of feeling really narrow most of the time and you couldn't really hunt in them effectively because you could clear them too fast for respawn. It felt like it was a symptom of having every part of the dungeons super detailed before testing how they felt ingame. Also if i remember correctly the client was pretty heavy compared to most ot clients.

I love the transparency but it shouldn't be used on the sea! Just lakes and rivers

I tried this server like 4 years ago maybe. It was really well made. My only problem was that the skill system wasn't entirely balanced and the dungeons were a bit too small, both in terms of feeling really narrow most of the time and you couldn't really hunt in them effectively because you could clear them too fast for respawn. It felt like it was a symptom of having every part of the dungeons super detailed before testing how they felt ingame. Also if i remember correctly the client was pretty heavy compared to most ot clients.

The size was for the ingame sounds. otherwise it would be the same as other clients in size.
And to the dungeon part, the game last longer if the dungeons are smaller. A server dont need massive dungeons to hunt, they dont need perfekt routes for maximal xp/hour

The size was for the ingame sounds. otherwise it would be the same as other clients in size.
And to the dungeon part, the game last longer if the dungeons are smaller. A server dont need massive dungeons to hunt, they dont need perfekt routes for maximal xp/hour
I didnt say it needed massive dungeons. Its just that every location felt smaller than it should have been. most caves were only 1 or 2 tiles wide. You could make the caves bigger with less monsters if exp/h is a concern rather than making it small and packed togheter. It felt like a problem because almost every cave was like that.

I didnt say it needed massive dungeons. Its just that every location felt smaller than it should have been. most caves were only 1 or 2 tiles wide. You could make the caves bigger with less monsters if exp/h is a concern rather than making it small and packed togheter. It felt like a problem because almost every cave was like that.

this is just false
most caves aren't small tight areas, a few are, yes, but not most
paladins had a blast hunting with ease in most areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back