• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

World of Therran - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been some time since the last update. This is because we've been working hard on updating our client and version!
With this update we removed a bug we've had for a long time with using stairs causing double-steps and lags. This enabled us to do changes to the size of the game window without any effect on performance. Here's an example of how big the screen now is.
APLTxeU.png

This will enable us to add some really interesting things in the future.

We used to have the server based on tibia 10.55, we've now made updates so we're based on a higher client version, now with idle animation!

We're also working on even more client improvements. We're also making nice progress on mapping. Both me and Samuro have been streaming a bit of our mapping. Make sure to join our discord channel to be able to get a notification next time one of us streams our mapping. :)

Regards,
8Ware

You can now register your email on our website 8ware.net where we will randomly select people who will be able to help us test the final things. When we're ready for testing we will send out emails with login credentials to those selected with an invitation to the server test. Active testers will get a reward when the server launches.

looks really good, Will give it a try!

You can now register your email on our website 8ware.net where we will randomly select people who will be able to help us test the final things. When we're ready for testing we will send out emails with login credentials to those selected with an invitation to the server test. Active testers will get a reward when the server launches.

Definitely will apply! right away.

The Closed Test is now up and running, those who signed up with their email have received an account and password. After a while, we will open up to Open Test.

Last edited:
Had the chance to explore today for a couple of hours. Must say that it's better than most in terms of gameplay, mapping, content & stability. A project with a clear sense of direction and not just some copy/paste "custom" server with overloaded content where you've got no idea wtf to do.

If you like to explore lore or simply go on adventures whilst helping out citizens of different cities and feel the vibes of a typical and classic RPG then this is your server.

I'll be hopping on tomorrow to dive into some more explorations :)

I signed up all the way back in 2016 and I don't have an authorized account :/

@Mackan™ why is it taking so long to download the client?
It could be because of the distance between you and the host, I can not answer exactly why I'm afraid. :)

A date has been set as the final day of the test. After this date the test will end and we will continue to work behind the scenes for a final release again. So if there's still something you feel that you've wanted to test, you have until this day to test it. Hopefully there will be some people left online for the final weekend so we can do some extra fun testing. Thanks to everyone who has helped us with this test. All who helped will recieve an in-game reward when we go online.

Date for end of test: November 15th, 23:59 CET

Thanks @Mackan™ I was able to get it to download. I've been playing on and off for the past few days and needless to say I'm quite impressed so far. I'm still compiling my feedback, but it's mostly positive at this point. Great job!

Do you guys have a target date in mind for when the server will be up and running formally?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back