• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

World of Therran - Official Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 days left thread should be there since 5-6 days could bring atleast 50 people meanwhile ;s

300ms ping, unplayable for me. Is it hosted on EU?
The left side bar cant be hidden. It makes the game screen so tiny from a 4:3 resolution.
The menu that opens when you press ESC should be replaced for a button inside the client.
ESC also stop attacking monsters, opens game menu window and dont close any open window, just put game menu window above it. Annoying as fuck.
You can walk with WASD but can't turn your character with CTRL+S, for example. It popsup the Skill Window.

Cool map, nice soundtrack.
Very nice skill system. Cool quests!

I'm not going to play because of:
- high ping (300ms+ with an optic fiber connection)
- tiny game screen that I can't adjust (at least I don't know how)
- ESC annoying shit.

Good luck guys!

Stable 28-30 ms ping. Fps goes from 600-1300.
Amazing map and skill-system.
Got its kid-diceases but admins seems to be onto it.
All considered a very nice server. That seems to end up quite alot higher than the expectation i had for it.

Anyone I know that's playing and wants to play together? I'm a 22 pally

Well i was willing to play Therran but i have lost my account. The account recovery form in the website is kinda bad. I need to remember a lot of data(email, character name, account name, password) and the only thing i remember right now is the email and character name.
Now if i want to play i need to create a new account & new email & download the client = i won't play now.

I've played again.

The ping still 300ms average, but it's not freezing anymore, so it is acceptable for me, since I don't have much time to play it.
On american server I have like 130ms ping. I'm from Brasil.

Today, I'm sharing my thinking about the website.
The website is god damn cool!

The only thing I dislike about the web is that /slash/ thing. Everytime I access the web I need to replace /splash/ with /index.php or click "Create~" to get to the web itself. I've already own an account. So I don't want to create any new. Maybe it shoud give more options than "Create your account now"? It is up to you whatever you going to do.

Talking about gameplay,
I've died sometimes exploring the map. I think the strenght of the monsters found in the 6-7-8 level floor shouldn't be that high at all. I've found Fire Devils and Fire Elementals on those floors. Sometimes a tiny cave (that can be seen on entire screen) with an hole, so I decided to go down and found insane monsters. (level 9 to 14)

Another suggestion I have,
I'm on that Elvish town. I've taken an mission to kill Giants. I've not found them. I must be dumb hehe so, I suggest you to create marks on the map when we accept missions and remove them when it is over, for those people that are dumb like me. For the guys who did this incredible thing to Tibia (thats not Tibia, thats Therran, new unbelievable game at all), I think it should be easy as breathing.
It's confusing to understand skill tree and it's functions. I'm dumb.

Keep the insane work guys! I'm sharing the server with friends, but now we all have something to do such University, work or damn adult things. I wish I never grew up.

Cheers!

I've played again.

The ping still 300ms average, but it's not freezing anymore, so it is acceptable for me, since I don't have much time to play it.
On american server I have like 130ms ping. I'm from Brasil.

Today, I'm sharing my thinking about the website.
The website is god damn cool!

The only thing I dislike about the web is that /slash/ thing. Everytime I access the web I need to replace /splash/ with /index.php or click "Create~" to get to the web itself. I've already own an account. So I don't want to create any new. Maybe it shoud give more options than "Create your account now"? It is up to you whatever you going to do.

Talking about gameplay,
I've died sometimes exploring the map. I think the strenght of the monsters found in the 6-7-8 level floor shouldn't be that high at all. I've found Fire Devils and Fire Elementals on those floors. Sometimes a tiny cave (that can be seen on entire screen) with an hole, so I decided to go down and found insane monsters. (level 9 to 14)

Another suggestion I have,
I'm on that Elvish town. I've taken an mission to kill Giants. I've not found them. I must be dumb hehe so, I suggest you to create marks on the map when we accept missions and remove them when it is over, for those people that are dumb like me. For the guys who did this incredible thing to Tibia (thats not Tibia, thats Therran, new unbelievable game at all), I think it should be easy as breathing.
It's confusing to understand skill tree and it's functions. I'm dumb.

Keep the insane work guys! I'm sharing the server with friends, but now we all have something to do such University, work or damn adult things. I wish I never grew up.

Cheers!

Definitely agree with you on that the website should redirect you to the index page if you've already created an account. That bothers me as well :p

All in all I find the server to be way above my expectations so far. The map is fantastic both in layout and looks, with interesting bits and pieces lying around like books & quests that make the experience more engaging to me. The skill system is also cool, despite me having no clue of what the skill points actually do (like, does my ice damage actually increase from putting points into arctic might? Please say yes...)

Loving it so far :D

(like, does my ice damage actually increase from putting points into arctic might? Please say yes...)
Yes, yes it does. :)

And about the splash page, I've been bothering our website guy about this for a week now, we're gonna remove it during the coming days (we plan to change it while we have a smaller maintenance downtime (will last a bit longer than a server save) to fix some things).

And about the splash page, I've been bothering our website guy about this for a week now, we're gonna remove it during the coming days (we plan to change it while we have a smaller maintenance downtime (will last a bit longer than a server save) to fix some things).
sexy signtaure

Hell yeah, awesome! I had been going all out in arctic might despite coming to believe it actually wasn't increasing my damage just to be able to call myself an arctic druid :p

300ms ping, unplayable for me. Is it hosted on EU?
The left side bar cant be hidden. It makes the game screen so tiny from a 4:3 resolution.
The menu that opens when you press ESC should be replaced for a button inside the client.
ESC also stop attacking monsters, opens game menu window and dont close any open window, just put game menu window above it. Annoying as fuck.
You can walk with WASD but can't turn your character with CTRL+S, for example. It popsup the Skill Window.

Cool map, nice soundtrack.
Very nice skill system. Cool quests!

I'm not going to play because of:
- high ping (300ms+ with an optic fiber connection)
- tiny game screen that I can't adjust (at least I don't know how)
- ESC annoying shit.

Good luck guys!
Could not agree more. I don't have the resolution problem tho.
I play from Brazil too. I think the server should relocate for a place where people can get less than 150ms playing from EU and americas.

Guys!

New plaguebringer spawn available right now. Check it out!

I would like to play some, but the site isn't working. Is the server alive?

Hello everyone,

I'd like to welcome you back to this thread by starting up the discussion again. Last reboot was not that successful since it was rushed into.. twice.. :oops:
I have been promised that no more rushing into things is gonna happen and we'll wait until everything that needs to be done is done.

With that said we have also found why the last startup attempt gave a false positive for coin miner.
That issue has been resolved and a fresh scan can be found here

s2C381h.png

So, welcome back to the thread.

Regards
8Ware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back